Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Web Based IR Remote

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

:-)

#22 ShVerni

ShVerni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Hello all,   Unfortunately, I was unable to finish this project last summer before it became too cool to need it. However, with the return of the heatwave to NYC, I decided to dust of my old code, fix it up, and finish this project! I've replaced the TMP36 with the HIH6130 temperature/humidity sensor, and used a modified version of the HTTPLibrary V3. I've upgraded the web server to allow the addition and removal of passwords though the web interface so I can grant guests access to the control system, as well as adding some watchdogs to restart the system if the server thread hangs. I also have the server cache a few settings on the SD card so that those settings will survive a reboot or power loss.   I added a photoresistor taped over the power LED of the AC unit so I could check if it was on and make sure the IR commands were being followed. I've found that the IR commands have somewhere around an 80% success rate, so getting feedback from the photoresistors was necessary to ensure everything went smoothly. I've attached all the code for this project below, although it's not well documented and still pretty crude, so be warned. I've also included all the HTML/JavaScript files.

I also attached a photo of the system all hooked up, though I still need to build an enclosure for the Netduino.   Thanks again for all the help, it's nice to finally have this project finished and working great!

Attached File  IRWebServer.zip   51.05KB   29 downloads

Attached File  ServerSetup.JPG   149.04KB   25 downloads

• HCB likes this

#23 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

That is a great example of a very useful Netduino application and nice to see you've finished the project. The optical feedback system was really clever, it's always good when you can keep it non-intrusive.

#24 ShVerni

ShVerni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thanks! The non-intrusive feedback was very important to me, as I wanted this system to be portable to other AC units, and I didn't want to risk destroying a relatively expensive AC unit by soldering to the control board. I don't think they would honor my warranty if I did that...

#25 dnbassett

dnbassett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

Noob question...i apologise in advance!

I've tried to run this from my ND+2 but i don't seem to be able to find a webpage? i've  fixed my ip and placed the htdocs onto my SD card. What am i doing wrong?

#26 ShVerni

ShVerni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hello and welcome to the community!

I can't say for sure without more details what you problem is, but my first guess is that you didn't use the right port. So in order for me to get access to my server through the Internet I had to set the server to listen on port 8081 (my ISP seems to block 80 and 8080). You can find that setting in the Program.cs file here:

ServerConfiguration = new Configuration(8081);

You could change this line and replace 8081 with 80, or try entering the IP address of your Netduino into your browser followed by :8081, for instance:

http://192.168.1.7:8081

If that doesn't help, a few more details about your problem would be useful (are you getting an error message in your browser, is the Netduino debugger outputting anything, etc...), and we can try to troubleshoot some more.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.