Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Why do distributors constantly frustrate us?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hello!
Or so I thought. I examined their stock in their "Definitely Do it yourself" area. And found the exact same collection as before when I bought the Mini. I first complained to the sales droid who was assigned to assist me. He failed in the attempt to track one down miserably. (But that's not what I said to management!) I then snagged a Plus and got the attention of the managers. They in turn started turning stuff over trying to find out what happened to the stock. As before the website insisted that there were four in stock and an indeterminate number of Pluses and Minis in stock. Eventually they make two mistakes, showing me an Arduino and a clone. It later turns out that the sole surviving Netduino was in a protected bin with his friends all Pluses at the end of the store where they resolve those issues caused by people requesting "in store pickup for items from the website".

I had the clerk there open the container and fish them out. I selected the regular unit. I then get into a minor discussion on the differences between the two.

Eventually I buy the regular unit and return here.

Chris after the holiday please have your people who handle the steps to sell these devices via distributors other then Sparkfun to make sure their inventory is better managed. And that their website is also better managed.

I'll even allow for the fact that its wearing a Micro USB-F connector on it. And that I found a dandy adapter for sale from Radio Shack of all people.

Doctor Who
"This signature does not exist!"

#2 Gorf

Gorf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

I LOLed. You know the distributor is a separate business, right? Your problem is with the distributor, not the manufacturer. If they are inefficient, buy from someone else. Incidentally, if you're buying one item, you're probably actually buying from a retailer, which puts them even further down the chain from the manufacturer than a distributor.

#3 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

I LOLed.

You know the distributor is a separate business, right?

Your problem is with the distributor, not the manufacturer. If they are inefficient, buy from someone else. Incidentally, if you're buying one item, you're probably actually buying from a retailer, which puts them even further down the chain from the manufacturer than a distributor.

Hello!
Ever visit one of them? When it comes to everything else they sell, that's now how they think. Technically yes you are right regarding the regular stuff that I do buy from dunderheads like them.

However if nothing else I did accomplish something else. Which is as it happens I've given them something to think about, regarding their website.

Now if they really and truly didn't have any of them in stock at all, I'd have left them and not bothered their staff above that droid, and thence arranged to have bought from Sparkfun instead.

Doctor Who
"This signature does not exist!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.