Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How to write to sockets?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iexpress

iexpress

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

It would make it tons easier if you could enter in SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo.Sockets(0) etc for the sockets. I'm not sure how to write data out of the ports, and I don't even think you can load registers with it. There should also be a Hardware.Netduinogo.Cpu.Register namespace so we can load values into registers of the cpu. Or even Hardware.Netduinogo.cpu.stack.add(int32) We also need a cpu.io.port and separate netduinogo.io.port(byte) or netduino.io.socket(byte)

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi iexpress, If you want to use the go!bus sockets in override mode (Gadgeteer compatibility mode), you can use their SPI channels using the SPI class. You can also use their UARTs via the SerialPort class and their IOs via the OutputPort/InputPort/InterruptPort/TristatePort classes. The sockets are designed primarily for virtualized i/o, but we made sure to enable overriden communication for the types of scenarios you're looking for. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.