Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Error Loading to Netduino

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cdnyny

cdnyny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

I am trying to run my first program on a Netduino Go. My platform is Win7/64, and I am using Visual Studio C# 2010 Express. The program is: using System; using System.Threading; using Microsoft.SPOT; using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware; using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware; using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino; namespace Netduino01 { public class Program { public static void Main() { OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false); } } } When I try to deploy (F5 = Start Debugging) I get the message "netduino target is not in an initialized state". I have looked at other postings on this error and have not found much. I also tried rebooting my PC just as a sanity check. The Netduino is listed in Device Manager and the Deploy Tool also sees it. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

Hi cdnyny and welcome to the forums. What kind of Netduino board do you use? From your sample code it looks like it's a netduino classic but you posted in the netduino go forum.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 cdnyny

cdnyny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hi cdnyny and welcome to the forums.

What kind of Netduino board do you use? From your sample code it looks like it's a netduino classic but you posted in the netduino go forum.

It is a Netduino Go.

#4 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

In that case your references are incorrect: - using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino; - Pins.ONBOARD_LED There's no such thing on the Netduino Go Did you select the proper project template? What do you want to do?
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#5 cdnyny

cdnyny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

In that case your references are incorrect:

- using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;
- Pins.ONBOARD_LED
There's no such thing on the Netduino Go

Did you select the proper project template? What do you want to do?

I was unaware that the coding was different between the different flavors of Netduino, this being my first foray into Netduino hardware. I was following a "Netduino Getting Started" doc, but that obviously is not the one I need for the Go board. I looked for a comprehensive reference for the Go, but the best I found was the "Early 'Getting Started with Netduino Go' software and instructions" page on this site, which is a bit sketchy on details. Can you point me to a Go tutorial that has complete examples? All I am trying to do initially is get the LED blink program to work. Thanks.

#6 cdnyny

cdnyny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I was unaware that the coding was different between the different flavors of Netduino, this being my first foray into Netduino hardware. I was following a "Netduino Getting Started" doc, but that obviously is not the one I need for the Go board. I looked for a comprehensive reference for the Go, but the best I found was the "Early 'Getting Started with Netduino Go' software and instructions" page on this site, which is a bit sketchy on details. Can you point me to a Go tutorial that has complete examples? All I am trying to do initially is get the LED blink program to work. Thanks.

I found an example project, but I am missing SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo.dll; it is not in the Assemblies folder of Secret Labs. Where can I download this file? Thanks.

#7 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

You have downloaded and installed the netduino 4.2 SDK from the downloads page?

#8 Jack Chidley

Jack Chidley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

You might have installed the 4.1 versions of things. First uninstall

NET Micro Framework SDK v4.1
Netduino SDK v4.1.0

Then go to the Download page (see the top of this one for a link). Then install the Netduino Go stuff:

netduino go 

Please install in the following order:

1 Microsoft Visual C# Express 2010 
   2 .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.2 
   3 Netduino SDK v4.2.0 (32-bit) or
Netduino SDK v4.2.0 (64-bit)

I am new to this stuff too: it is fresh in my mind!

Jack

#9 cdnyny

cdnyny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

You might have installed the 4.1 versions of things. First uninstall

NET Micro Framework SDK v4.1
Netduino SDK v4.1.0

Then go to the Download page (see the top of this one for a link). Then install the Netduino Go stuff:

netduino go 

Please install in the following order:

1 Microsoft Visual C# Express 2010 
   2 .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.2 
   3 Netduino SDK v4.2.0 (32-bit) or
Netduino SDK v4.2.0 (64-bit)

I am new to this stuff too: it is fresh in my mind!

Jack

That was it. I re-downloaded and re-installed the Netduino-specific software. I still get the same initialization error that kicked off this thread, but the difference now is that the program runs. Painful, but it looks like it will be worth the effort as the documentation evolves. Thanks for everyone's help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.