Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

MS ARM Compiler support

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pascal06

pascal06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

Why the ARM compiler provided with Embedded Compact 7 is not supported by .NET MF ? There is certainly a good reason, Just curious, Pascal

#2 Ravenheart

Ravenheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

"Download Windows Embedded Compact 7 Public Community Technology Preview (Public CTP) by......" its just a CTP, that may be the reason.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

That's a question for the .NET MF team at Microsoft, I suppose. My guess? Every additional compiler that's supported requires additional work in the codebase (one-time update as well as ongoing updates and compatibility testing), size testing, etc. RVDS seems to be "best of class" and GCC is free--so I think they're trying to cover both of those options...and then use their time resources to add features to the platform instead. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.