SD Card Module Update - Page 3 - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SD Card Module Update

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for the explanation Chris. I just issued a refund this morning to everyone who had pre-ordered an SD card module.

Indeed, the DAQ provides a drop-in replacement for System.IO and you can see how it works here: http://nwazet.com/co...Q/10-FileSystem

Thanks,

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Hi Fabien,

I think you should put them available in your store, so people can buy them ahead of time, like me, and be ready once the firmware update is available. Just a thought.

#42 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Fabien, I think I speak for many that would rather preorder the SD and wait another month for a late release than have you refund the money. Can you please put the module back on your site and let us preorder? Because now we have to keep checking back . I know you sent us refunds but I would rather have you hold my money and be first in line rather than miss the release and you be sold out AKA Raspberry Pi. :) Thanks buddy

#43 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Raspberry was not sold out, it took ages, but for me it arrived.. But on the other note, like that DIP stm8 which was silently added for sale, and wooshed away without seeing it, or beeing able to preorder, i wish it was both announced and preorderable :(

--
Asbjørn

#44 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Guys, You may not realize this, but taking pre-orders that remain in the pipeline for too long has a direct negative impact on our business and affects customer satisfaction: our customers generally buy other things along with the pre-ordered item(s). Once the pre-ordered item becomes available, the entire order ships. So, if the availability date of a pre-ordered item keeps being pushed back, with no foreseeable ETA, you can see how a large order backlog can build up quickly. In turn, our customers are unhappy because their hardware can't ship for weeks and we are unable to provide a specific ETA. Predictability and reliability are extremely important to us and we feel that we can't be successful without that. We made the decision to only carry products that are currently shipping and functional. Cheers, -Fabien.

#45 James Abbott

James Abbott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hi, Sorry, but is there any update for the SD card? I can't find any resellers whatsoever :( Cheers

#46 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Hi James,

Sorry, but is there any update for the SD card? I can't find any resellers whatsoever :(

We'll post an update once the SD Card modules start shipping.

Chris

#47 zemuss

zemuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Did the SD module start shipping? I am unable to find it... 

#48 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hi zemuss, The SD card modules are waiting for the new GoBus 1.5 firmware. The data speed wasn't high enough with GoBus 1.0, so we made some enhancements in the new protocol to help ensure good performance. GoBus 1.5 firmware should be ready in the near future. We already have the first 1,000 SD Card modules in stock...so we'll be shipping them as soon as the updated firmware passes all of our tests. Chris

#49 zemuss

zemuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Never mind I just did some reading and it isn't a purchase. Any ETA on the GoBus?

Need any beta testers? 

#50 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hi zemuss, We'd love beta testers :) As we get closer, I'll post an update in this thread. Right now our focus is on shipping the Ethernet module accessory; SD card uses a superset of the Ethernet module firmware and will follow after that. Chris

#51 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Beta testers are indeed a good thing.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.