TLC5940 - Page 4 - General Discussion - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

TLC5940

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

QUICK UPDATE: I changed the chip (I got 6 of them :-)), and all the outputs (minus one!) are uniform and smooth, so the code, for what I can see, is perfect.
One output is kind of flickering, something like 10 20 times a second, but never going completely off, for what I see. The strange thing is that if I move the wires, in some position the flickering goes away. Can it be some sort of interference?

Are you sure you have the dot correction set up correctly? The data sheet states that the DC registers are indeterminate at start up. So if you are not using the EPROM then you will be using these registers. In this case, one thing you should consider is to set the registers to a known value before setting any greyscale data.

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#62 Kermit

Kermit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationCittà di Castello, Italy

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi Mark (Nevyn? :-)). As usual, you are right, even to be convinced I had to read the datasheet three more times! :-) It's so strange that I'm used to software, but electronics is still so hard to grasp, for me! :-( Anyway, if the DC registers are random, it's so strange that in the current chip they are all at 100% minus one (at least for what I can say, looking the leds...) Other things to test... I will never see the end of this!!! :-))) Andrea P.S.: I could use this pwms to control three L293Ds with attached motors, and at least this part flowed really smooth! Motors go up and down without any problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.