Powering the Netduino Go! with a Lipo - Page 2 - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Powering the Netduino Go! with a Lipo

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Found it and it says:

The boost converter is based on the TPS61200 from TI and has solder jumper selectable 5V and 3.3V output, and an under voltage protection of 2.6V.

That's under the safe voltage of a cell in a LiPo battery pack. I will do some more research on that. Very interesting topic though!

#22 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Got it.

Following information is per cell:

4.2 volts - Fully charged
3.7 volts - Nominal
3.0 volts - My own safe cutoff, a personal preference - I just want to play safe, specially on radio controlled planes
2.7 volts - Safe cutoff
Anything under 2.7 will damage the LiPo battery pack/cell

#23 hoquet

hoquet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

If I have a LiPo 11.1v 3s 5000mAh battery with 20c discharge rate, I should be able to power the Netduino Go for a long time. I have my own rapid charger for it, so no need for a onboard charger. What are the input limits and recommendation for the Netduino Go? Is it 3.3v to 5v as recommended and 3.3v to 12v as a limit? If I have to step down to 5v, would it be best to use an external voltage regulator such as http://www.dimension...s/anyvolt-micro Thanks hoquet

#24 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

The Netduino Go needs a 5V regulated input, anything less or over may damaged the board as I understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.