Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SHT15 (SHT1x) Troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gaines

Gaines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

I wired up my Netduino Plus to a SHT15 breakout board using the Sparksfun diagram and tried Elze Kool's SHT1x classes. When I executed the code I kept getting an error when performing the SoftReset (returned true). Below is a photo of the breadboard and I've attached the solution.
Posted Image

Tonight was the Nashville .NET User Group lab and we happened to be tinkering with .NET MF so I brought it along to see if anyone could help. While we were tinkering we tried switching from the COM port to SCL/SDA and disabling ResistorMode. It gave the following results.
Temperature Celcius: -39.700000762939453
Temperature in percent: -2.6937998913154004

Obviously I'm just shooting in the dark here. I'm hoping there's something simple I've overlooked. If not, how can I go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Gaines

Attached Files

"When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer." -Arron Chapman

#2 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

I wired up my Netduino Plus to a SHT15 breakout board using the Sparksfun diagram and tried Elze Kool's SHT1x classes. When I executed the code I kept getting an error when performing the SoftReset (returned false). Below is a photo of the breadboard and I've attached the solution.

Obviously I'm just shooting in the dark here. I'm hoping there's something simple I've overlooked. If not, how can I go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Gaines

As we talked about in chat, I think you have 2 problems first, you should switch to 3.3V for the power supply. The datasheet states that a logic High (1) must be 0.8*Vdd, which when powered with 5V is 4V. The Netduino however only provides 3.3V for logic High, if you switch to 3.3V supply then you should be fine. Second was the required 11ms between powering the device up and writing to it, so just add a Thread.Sleep(11) before you init the device.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#3 Gaines

Gaines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

I tried changing it to 3.3v, adding a 1000ms delay after the constructor and changing the pin declarations to GPIO_Pin0 and GPIO_Pin1. No change. :(
"When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer." -Arron Chapman

#4 andrea.pnt81

andrea.pnt81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I tried changing it to 3.3v, adding a 1000ms delay after the constructor and changing the pin declarations to GPIO_Pin0 and GPIO_Pin1. No change. :(

I'm facing the same problem, using Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9 (Data) and D10 (Clock) ; Have you already discovered the SoftReset() error cause ?
Thanks..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.