Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

.NET Micro Framework 4.3 Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Features for the version 4.3 of Micro Framework
COMMITTED: Support latest GCC toolchain
We will provide support for latest GCC toolchain, especially to address Cortex processors. CodePlex issue #1346.
Status and Tentative Schedule
We are already working on some of the above items.

W00t! Should have known this earlier... Posted Image

#2 ErikN

ErikN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Sweet! And we tentatively had this for 7 months. I can't wait for then to have already happened!

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hi CW2,

I believe that this is a NETMF team + community contribution feature for NETMF 4.3.

Chris

#4 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

Features for the version 4.3 of Micro Framework
COMMITTED: Support latest GCC toolchain
We will provide support for latest GCC toolchain, especially to address Cortex processors. CodePlex issue #1346.
Status and Tentative Schedule
We are already working on some of the above items.

Thanks for the Update.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#5 Nobby

Nobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I recently moved to 4.2 RTM to take advantage of the reduced networking byte-code size which I read about in a forum post on here somewhere. Where does general information about new microframework footprint sizes come from?

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hi Nobby,

I recently moved to 4.2 RTM to take advantage of the reduced networking byte-code size which I read about in a forum post on here somewhere. Where does general information about new microframework footprint sizes come from?

Due to the various ways that firmware can be compiled, the best place to get info on footprint size is probably here on the forums.

Board manufacturers can include the managed code assemblies for various features in the TinyCLR portion of their firmware, or they can leave these assemblies out. If the assemblies are left out, then they take away room from your application code space when you use them...deployed with your app.

Generally, NETMF 4.2 is bigger than NETMF 4.1. We had left about 24KB of buffer space in the NETMF 4.1 image to allow for expansion...and we're using almost all of that to support the new features.

The end result for your application is that you have the same amount of available codespace as before, gained new features and bugfixes, and end up with more RAM for your application.

Chris

#7 Dutchborg

Dutchborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

i have upgrade my netduino plus 1 from 4.1 to 4.2 but now i read that the onewire DS18B20 is not supported in 4.2 is there already an update that correct this problem ?

Ernst

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hi Ernst,

i have upgrade my netduino plus 1 from 4.1 to 4.2 but now i read that the onewire DS18B20 is not supported in 4.2 is there already an update that correct this problem ?

Ernst

OneWire is not officially supported on the gen1 boards, but we did make a special 4.1 build with CW2's OneWire support libraries.  If you need OneWire support on your board, I would recommend sticking with that custom build with the extra feature.

The gen2 boards have OneWire support built into the core firmware, and lots of extra flash so that we can continue updating them with new firmware releases.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.