Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Streaming Video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crash_Overload

Crash_Overload

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

Hello, I am new to netduino and I am trying to take on a ambisionbs project. I want to use some type of serial camera and stream video to a oled screen or lcd screen whatever comes first. Can anyone start pointing me in the right direction the first thing would be to hook the netduino up to my computer and send the camera files to my computer then the lcs can come later.

#2 Crispin

Crispin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLondon, England, Earth

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

You can get a LCD shield which allows for some stuff to be done (Not got one, don't know much about it) but as for processing camera images, you'll not manage that. Not enough memory or speed out of the CPU. There was a long thread on SparkFun forum about it and the Arduino and it was not happening. Would be cool if you could though. Maybe in the future when we have Netduino - Quantum Edition :D
--
Take a seat, I'll be right with you.

#3 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

You might want to do the math to figure out just how much memory you will need for something like this. You will quickly find out that there probably isn't nearly enough on the current iteration of the Netduino. :)

#4 VincentA

VincentA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Can we not use camera like this and probably send the signal direct to LCD with rca or PC ???

#5 James

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hey Vincent, I had a similar thought. For my project I want to stream video from a mobile robot that's Netduino powered to a web client. I think the route I'll take is to pick up a WiFi webcam, wire it up to a battery and add it to the robot. Then I can use Expression Encoder or some other means to pick up that stream and expose it to other clients. I haven't gotten far along enough to test out the idea though.

#6 VincentA

VincentA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hi James, So what are you going to use at the other end to display video? TV/Monitor or some sort of modded LCD display? Vincent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.