Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino GO! Touchscreen and Relay modules

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi all,

It appears that many folks in the Netduino community aren't aware that [nwazet is producing GO! modules :)

First, we have created a cool touchscreen module, making it super easy to build user interfaces and display images with your Netduino GO!

Posted Image

Them we also built a Relay module, capable of switching big loads up to 16 Amps:

Posted Image

Even though we are just starting out in the Open Source / Open Hardware business, we're super-excited about the potential of the Netduino GO! and we are fully committed to the Netduino community (just ask Chris Walker and Stefan ;-)). We'll continue contributing modules, tutorials, source code and designs as we have been doing it for over a year now.

Cheers,
-Fabien & Bertrand.

#2 ErikN

ErikN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am eagerly awaiting my LCD module! In fact, I just got an email from my apartment building saying I have a UPS package waiting for me when I get home. I have a couple things on order and the tracking info only shows me from where the package was shipped. The anticipation is killing me! It could be my order from [nwazet or fancy shampoo! Edit: Looks like it's the LCD module (and sundry)! But now I need more cables...

#3 Russell Christensen

Russell Christensen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Got my Touchscreen, go, and shield module today! Ordered some more parts as well, can't wait till kids go to bed so I can start tinkering!

#4 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Awesome! Posted Image

#5 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Fabien, Got the display module and extra cables in from USPS. Everything looks good. It would be helpfull for some directions on how to connect the module to the display. Some may be able to tell which sides go together, but it may prevent some problems. This message duplicates a comment left on the Nwazet web site. Thanks, Chuck

#6 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Yup! I'm working on a simple 3-step tutorial right now :)

#7 Russell Christensen

Russell Christensen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

It took me about 5 minutes looking at it to figure it out 100%. (Note, I'm a software guy) :)

#8 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

I did figure out the modules plug, the dark tan bar opens and allow the film connector to enter. I needed to use an optivisor to see how to plug the display in and to make sure it was properly located in the connector. It came up with the Nwazet firmware display. I am waiting on the new libraries to be updoaded for use. That way I should not need to try and load the correct references manually. B)

#9 Russell Christensen

Russell Christensen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

I did figure out the modules plug, the dark tan bar opens and allow the film connector to enter. I needed to use an optivisor to see how to plug the display in and to make sure it was properly located in the connector.

It came up with the Nwazet firmware display. I am waiting on the new libraries to be updoaded for use. That way I should not need to try and load the correct references manually. B)

Ok, maybe I did something wrong, I don't have the SDK yet so I don't have a firmware on the Go board, but when I plug the usb into the Go, the lights light up and all of the port lights go out. I don't get any display on the touchscreen. Do I have to have the SDK and initialize the port for the display to power on or did I break it on day one? All i've done with the touch screen is attach the screen to the board and plug it in. Let me know.

#10 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

All I have done so far is to plug the display module in to Netduino Go!, when I plugged the USB plug in to power up the main board the display came on instanly with Nwazet logo etc and a yellow back ground. I have not tried to code the module yet. I did try to open one of the sample and had a bunch of reference errors that should go away with the new 4.2. I would attach some pictures but it would be best to wait until Fabien posts his guide. Chuck

#11 Russell Christensen

Russell Christensen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

All I have done so far is to plug the display module in to Netduino Go!, when I plugged the USB plug in to power up the main board the display came on instanly with Nwazet logo etc and a yellow back ground.

I have not tried to code the module yet. I did try to open one of the sample and had a bunch of reference errors that should go away with the new 4.2.

I would attach some pictures but it would be best to wait until Fabien posts his guide.

Chuck

What port did you use on the Go?

#12 Russell Christensen

Russell Christensen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

I am thinking its not the ribbon connection because the power LED on the back of the screen is not lighting up either. I'm hoping once I have the SDK I will be able to get it to work. Quick question (for anybody) are the power to the ports always on? Should the display light up even with no firmware as soon as the Go board has power? P.S. Sorry to have hijacked this thread, should probably have posted this in a new one.

#13 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

I was plugged into Go! socket1, the socket light was off but it still powered up the display.

#14 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

I think others will be looking for simular information, the displayed look the same as the first picture in this thread.

#15 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

Please following this simple procedure to assemble your display.

You should try out the test application coming with the display, otherwise it won't do much by itself ;-)
This application will not change even after Secret Labs releases the Netduino GO! SDK.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#16 mtylerjr

mtylerjr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Also, you need to connect the display module to port 4. Its hard coded in the sample app. If you use another port you'll get power and the yellow logo screen only. The sample also looks for an SD card module on port 8 to load photos from.. but that hasn't been released yet. :) I just got everything up and running half an hour ago!

#17 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

If you've received your hardware already, please grab the Netduino Go core libraries from the following thread: http://forums.netdui...?showtopic=3933 We're working on and testing an installer, which will be ready soon. In the meantime, these simple instructions will get you up and running with Netduino Go and the Nwazet modules. Chris

#18 Russell Christensen

Russell Christensen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

If you've received your hardware already, please grab the Netduino Go core libraries from the following thread:
http://forums.netdui...?showtopic=3933

We're working on and testing an installer, which will be ready soon. In the meantime, these simple instructions will get you up and running with Netduino Go and the Nwazet modules.

Chris

Thanks for that Chris! I installed the libraries and ran a simple Debug and lo and behold, my Nwazet screen came right on (phew). Now...time to build!

#19 Russell Christensen

Russell Christensen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey Fabien, quick question, are the touch screens supposed to come with a stylus?

#20 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi Russell,

Hey Fabien, quick question, are the touch screens supposed to come with a stylus?

We're not bundling a stylus with the touchscreen to keep cost down as much as possible: we figured that most people would already have a left-over Nintendo DS stylus or similar solution ;-) But we could carry styli as an option on the site.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Cheers,
-Fabien.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.