Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Weather demo for Netduino Plus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

I just downloaded Elze Kool's "rss reader and weather" C# code (which is CC BY-SA licensed) and converted a chunk of it into a Netduino app. This was just ~15 minutes of work, and is not intended to demonstrate a final application. That said, it should give you some ideas :)

This app downloads the weather from 2 zipcodes and prints out the location, weather condition, temperature, humidity, sunrise, and sunset.

You can also change the zipcodes to any Yahoo Weather Location Code (worldwide).

To run this app:
1. Set your network settings (static IP address and DNS) using MFDeploy.
2. Change the zipcodes on Program.cs lines 101 and 107.
3. Run!

Disclaimer: Please note that this program runs in a loop over and over... There's some sort of memory leak (I'm guessing in the converted program--but could be the firmware...to be determined) that will cause it to throw an "out of memory" exception after a few minutes.

License: Since the original work was licensed via CC BY-SA, this derivative is also licensed under CC BY-SA. The original copyright notice remains in the source--but as noted, this project was reduced and modified for this sample.

And Elze Kool (the original author), if you read this--we'd love to have you in the Netduino community!

Chris

Attached Files

#2 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:09 AM

I just downloaded Elze Kool's "rss reader and weather" C# code (which is CC BY-SA licensed) and converted a chunk of it into a Netduino app. This was just ~15 minutes of work, and is not intended to demonstrate a final application. That said, it should give you some ideas :)

This app downloads the weather from 2 zipcodes and prints out the location, weather condition, temperature, humidity, sunrise, and sunset.

You can also change the zipcodes to any Yahoo Weather Location Code (worldwide).

To run this app:
1. Set your network settings (static IP address and DNS) using MFDeploy.
2. Change the zipcodes on Program.cs lines 101 and 107.
3. Run!

Disclaimer: Please note that this program runs in a loop over and over... There's some sort of memory leak (I'm guessing in the converted program--but could be the firmware...to be determined) that will cause it to throw an "out of memory" exception after a few minutes.

License: Since the original work was licensed via CC BY-SA, this derivative is also licensed under CC BY-SA. The original copyright notice remains in the source--but as noted, this project was reduced and modified for this sample.

And Elze Kool (the original author), if you read this--we'd love to have you in the Netduino community!

Chris

Hey, VS gives me some errors while converting the solution and I can't run it.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:34 AM

Sorry, forgot to attach the project. Please download the attached project. The original project is for an old version of .NET MF and a high-end board with an LCD display :) Chris

#4 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:45 AM

Sorry, forgot to attach the project. Please download the attached project. The original project is for an old version of .NET MF and a high-end board with an LCD display :)

Chris

=D thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.