Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SAM-BA 2.11 intermittent opening under x64 windows OS Possible work around

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hi All

First of all apologies is this has been covered before, but I couldn't find any mentions of a work around searching the forum.

I don't know if others have been having issues getting sam-ba to run under vista or windows 7 x64 but I have a work around for the issue. I have read in several places that there is a driver issue with x64 windows OS's and that it wont run. However I think the issue is with WOW64 (32 bit mode).

Normally when i try and start sam-ba the program either never opens or takes an age > 5mins to appear. I could see the process in task manager but couldn't use the program. After a frustration got the better of me and double clicked the shortcut about 20 times and still no joy I opened task manager and noticed that their were an equal number of tasklist.exe in the process list as sam-ba processes, I killed the tasklist process and low and behold sam-ba opened and worked as expected.

Having discovered this work around i implemented it as simple batch script and now sam-ba opens instantly for me.

YMMV but the batch is as follows:

@ECHO OFF
:: Start SAM-BA
START sam-ba.exe
:: Wait a second more details here http://www.robvanderwoude.com/wait.php pipe output to nul so ping doesnt display
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 2 > NUL
:: End the tasklist process preventing SAM-BA from opening
TASKKILL /F /IM tasklist* > NUL

To use simply create a new text file in your SAM-BA installation folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\ATMEL Corporation\sam-ba_2.11) and copy the snippet above into it ensuring you save it with a .bat extension. (In Notepad File->Save As->Save As File Type - Choose All Files (*.*) and set the file name as Sam-Ba-Launcher.bat -> Click 'Ok')

Then run the batch file with administrative privileges (right click and run as administrator), and sam-ba should now open with a second or 2.

If you like the sam-ba icon then you can create a shortcut on you desktop and set the shortcut to execute with admin privileges.

#2 smarcus3

smarcus3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

THANKS
Steve

My Other Hobby: Engineer Turned Baker

#3 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Glad it worked for you :) Was driving me nuts waiting for it to open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.