Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Client Socket + serial number pad

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Francisco

Francisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hi Everybody, This is my very first post or question. We have a project where the employees will use a barcode reader (serial rs232) and a number pad (serial rs232) to check the employee number and a number that defines the number of operations they make every certain time. After that is made we want to use a client server connection where the netduino will play as client to send that information to a server. I am struggling with the socket part because I an not able to find some code about it, could you guys give a hand? Regards

#2 Dan Morphis

Dan Morphis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi Everybody,

This is my very first post or question.

We have a project where the employees will use a barcode reader (serial rs232) and a number pad (serial rs232) to check the employee number and a number that defines the number of operations they make every certain time.
After that is made we want to use a client server connection where the netduino will play as client to send that information to a server.

I am struggling with the socket part because I an not able to find some code about it, could you guys give a hand?
Regards

Francisco, welcome to the Netduino community!

There has been a lot of good sample socket code posted to the forums. I would search for socket, or webserver. This sample code is a webserver, it primarily shows how to accept incoming connections on the Netduino, but you should be able to adapt the code to your needs.

Another project to look at is Home Automation with Netduino and Kinect (source)

-dan

#3 Francisco

Francisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Francisco, welcome to the Netduino community!

There has been a lot of good sample socket code posted to the forums. I would search for socket, or webserver. This sample code is a webserver, it primarily shows how to accept incoming connections on the Netduino, but you should be able to adapt the code to your needs.

Another project to look at is Home Automation with Netduino and Kinect (source)

-dan

Thank you dan, I'll check on those projects. Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.