Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Servo keeps reversing after pulse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seattle Food Geek

Seattle Food Geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I'm trying to control a servo (TowerPro sg90) using the Servo class posted elsewhere in the forum. My servo does move to the desired position, but then it immediately moves back to its original position and loops over and over again. It's like watching someone dial a loop of zeros on a rotary phone.

Any ideas what's going on here? My code is as follows:

Servo vent = new Servo(SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9);
vent.SetDegree(90);
Thread.Sleep(5000);

#2 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

Hi, I don't know the class you are using, but it sounds like you are only sening a single pulse to the servo. After the pulse finishes, if the servo does not get another it may return to rest. Have you got a loop to stop your main() from exiting? If not, the program may be exiting and disposing of the PWM pin... Paul

#3 Igor Kondrasovas

Igor Kondrasovas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm trying to control a servo (TowerPro sg90) using the Servo class posted elsewhere in the forum. My servo does move to the desired position, but then it immediately moves back to its original position and loops over and over again. It's like watching someone dial a loop of zeros on a rotary phone.

Any ideas what's going on here? My code is as follows:

Servo vent = new Servo(SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9);
vent.SetDegree(90);
Thread.Sleep(5000);

Hello,

Did you solve the proble? Can you share with us the result? I would like to know how this servo Works with Netduino 3,3 V since the servo is rated to work with at least 3,5V.

In my case, the servo is not moving smooth and make sudently quick movements.

Thank you,

Igor.

Igor Kondrasovas

www.inovativatec.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.