Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Help an Accountant switch Serials. :)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Crystal DeFrate_*

Guest_Crystal DeFrate_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hi Coding Geniuses,

I am getting an error on a debug.. saying cannot find device for COM5... I believe my device is on COM3 (Serial Port) How do I use the menus in Basic Visual Studio to tell the program to use COM3?

The above problem may be presented a bit choppily, but it's pretty good for an accountant.

Code - Create - Community,
Crystal

#2 Bainesbunch

Bainesbunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hello Crystal, Within you application you should have a communications port showing in the bottom of the designer screen for the form. If you right click this you will get the properties for that com port. In there you can specify the name of the com port to connect to. I hope this is of some help. I am not sure how it is Netduino related though. Cheers Pete.
I was going to change the world, then I discovered Netduino.
The world will have to wait.

#3 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi Crystal! You probably have the solution explorer at the right. Click twice on 'Properties' in this window. Now click on '.NET Micro Framework' on the left. Here you can change the target for your Netduino app. Enjoy :)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#4 Guest_Crystal DeFrate_*

Guest_Crystal DeFrate_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Thank-you guys! I had stumbled upon the solution, but wouldn't have been able to tell anyone. With Stefan's advice I am able to retrace my way there. From the main menu at top.. select the "view" menu, select "solution explorer" double click on properties select ".NET Micro Framework" and change the device to the desired com port Thanks again! Time to play with my Netduino Mini.. mwah ha ha...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.