Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Max PWM Frequency in 4.2 RC5?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spork

Spork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi, I've read that 4.2 RC5 will allow C# code to set the PWM frequency, whereas it's fixed at 10kHz in earlier versions. If I've read correctly, what will the max frequency be? I'm hoping to use this to generate a clock signal at a frequency of about 1MHz or 10MHz. If the Netduino can generate a clock signal, another circuit will count the number of clock cycles between a start pulse and a finish pulse. Does it make sense to use something like a 74HC4020 to count (14 bits will be enough) assuming that I only send it the PWM clock signal between the start and finish pulse? Thanks

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

We'll be enabling the maximum PWM available, which should be in the several-MHz realm. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.