Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Devantech LCD03 I2C 20 x 4 LCD Display

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Austria Project

Austria Project

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hello community I'm new on the netuino world.. my problem is to find or to write a program for my netduino+ and the Devantech LCD03 with I2C Protocol I searching on many Websites (Codeplex...) but i have never found a suitable program. I only found this on the TinyCLR HP. http://wiki.tinyclr....ch_LCD03_driver there is the SOURCE Code and the LCD DRIVER but how can I implement this for the Netduino .NETF The spec from the Display: http://www.robot-ele...m/Lcd03tech.htm i have attached my programm but it doesen't work maybe anyone of the cummunity can help me or have a functionally program :) thank you in advance

Attached Files

#2 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

Try downloading the Micro Liquid Crystal Library and the Fusionware Spot Library from CodePlex. MLC handles the LCD, Fusionware.Spot handles the I2C. I am using a different 20x4 I2C LCD but this code works for mine.

using FusionWare.SPOT.Hardware;
using MicroLiquidCrystal;

// Define the I2CBus
private static I2CBus _bus;
// Define the LCD Display
private static Lcd LCD;

// Initialize I2C bus (only one instance is allowed)
 _bus = new I2CBus();
// Use I2C provider
// Initialize provider (multiple devices can be attached to same bus)
var lcdProvider = new MCP23008LcdTransferProvider(_bus);
// Create the LCD interface
LCD = new Lcd(lcdProvider);
// Set up the LCD's number of columns and rows: 
LCD.Begin(20, 4);

You should probably use the overloaded MCP23008LcdTransferProvider method to pass in your address and shifter configuration in addition to the _bus.

The rest should be easy using:

LCD.Clear, LCD.Backlight, LCD.SetCursorPosition, LCD.Write.

Hope this helps.

#3 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Also... I looked at your code. I think it would work but you're missing your main subroutine.

Should look like this:

namespace NetduinoPlusApplication1
{
	public class LCD03

{

public static void Main()
    	{

LCD03 LCD = new LCD03(0xC6);	// I²C protocol

LCD.Cursor(LCD03CursorType.Hide);   // Hides cursor
     	LCD.BackLight(true);  // Turn on backlight
     	LCD.ClearScreen();   // Clears the screen
     	LCD.Write(1, 1, "FEZ rocks");  // Displays some text   	

}		

}
}

#4 Austria Project

Austria Project

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

@dvanderwekke
I have take a look to the 2 link's but it is too complicated for me to implement this links in my program :unsure:
thank you although

I and my Project-Partner have written a new program and it works (our first sucess is that we can send anything to the Display, the next step is to implement a RTC (maxim DS1307) and a Keypad)

when we a ready with our Project (heating control system with a netduino+ and LCD) we release our Project for all.

for all user please post your suggestions / ideas or program

#5 bloughead

bloughead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

I was wondering of you have created any special characters for the LCD03? If so how do you get them to be displayed on the display? In particular the degrees symbol °.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.