Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Stable communication between PC and netduino+

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 viktor

viktor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hello, I've been tinkering for a while now with my netduino+ and since I'm really not an electronics wiz I maybe missing a much simpler approach then I ended up with. In the end, all I really want to do is communicate with my N+ from my pc, wirelessly. It maybe that I need 2 netduinos, or just one. So far, I've played around with using webserver to communicate with it, and through the ethernet port, I could slap wireless shield on it and use it, but I have found the webserver approach not very stable for very precise control. For example I want to send commands to it a few times per second, webserver does work but occasionally will stall. What are other approaches? What is the best approach for communications like this? I do want around 20-40' of wireless connectivity too. Thanks, Viktor.

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

You could use an xbee shield on your Netduino and the USB XBee Explorer on your PC. This will be a wireless UART bridge.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 Ralim

Ralim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just to mention, not sure on the application and such, but a cheap method would be to use IR… it is dodgy in direct sunlight and all but I might suit.. You can drive a IR led from the serial port off memory..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.