Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Why Not?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 willgeorge

willgeorge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Why is there not ONE place in this form to find ALL of the code necessary to update ALL of the Netduino versions? Seems like this would better serve the community. Maybe it is just me, but hopping around collecting parts here and there, makes be wonder if I am using the correct software and if have everything I need to fix, upgrade or downgrade. Not that I'm lazy.. But it makes sense to me! Thanks for letting me rant.....

#2 Geancarlo

Geancarlo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

http://forums.netdui...?showtopic=2769

#3 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Why is there not ONE place in this form to find ALL of the code necessary to update ALL of the Netduino versions?

Seems like this would better serve the community. Maybe it is just me, but hopping around collecting parts here and there, makes be wonder if I am using the correct software and if have everything I need to fix, upgrade or downgrade.

Not that I'm lazy.. But it makes sense to me!

Thanks for letting me rant.....

Your right, we don't have a single place... To help with that I've created a wiki page which includes the firmware information and links to the download and the release notes. Currently it only contains 4.1.1 Beta 1 and 4.2.0 RC3 but I'll try to add a few more.

http://forums.netdui...?showtopic=2769

That link is for 4.2.0 RC3 which last I heard we were not recommending for most users yet.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#4 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

Just gonna throw in my $0.02. Would definitely be nice to have one page on the site with all the updates. Is this something SL can work towards?

#5 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Just gonna throw in my $0.02. Would definitely be nice to have one page on the site with all the updates. Is this something SL can work towards?

I think that at least for the time being (if not permanently) the wiki page will likely suffice.

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hi willgeorge,

Why is there not ONE place in this form to find ALL of the code necessary to update ALL of the Netduino versions?

Are you looking for the code for various firmware releases--or the binary files to flash onto your Netduino?

If the binary files are scattered about, we can absolutely clean that up on the Downloads page.

Chris

#7 willgeorge

willgeorge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi willgeorge,

Are you looking for the code for various firmware releases--or the binary files to flash onto your Netduino?

If the binary files are scattered about, we can absolutely clean that up on the Downloads page.

Chris

I am not looking for anything specific at this time. Just a thought I had POP into my old brain.

Actually, I had a problem with one of my Netduinos and was looking around for the latest 'official' code
and I was not sure what I really needed for updating. I wanted to make sure I had 'everything' before I started.
(Some time ago I had a problem trying to find the correct SAM-BA bootloader for what I was doing)

The problem with the Netduino turned out to be my code. How could that be?

I hate it when I begin a task and I find out that I am missing something..... Bummer...

And as a side note: How is your book comming along? I have it on order (cash in advance) for what seems like months.

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hi willgeorge,

And as a side note: How is your book comming along? I have it on order (cash in advance) for what seems like months.

We finished editing the manuscript last week, so it's now off to production (and printing). I'm looking forward to heading over to the bookstore and picking up a copy!

Chris

#9 samjones

samjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

http://wiki.netduino.com/Firmware.ashx Close! But that is all beta stuff. Can I suggest that it have beta AND stable releases, with release dates? Thx!!

#10 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

http://wiki.netduino.com/Firmware.ashx

Close!

But that is all beta stuff.

Can I suggest that it have beta AND stable releases, with release dates?

Thx!!

I forgot to include the Stables versions (and at the time I couldn't remember where they were). They are now listed as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.