Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Please refer to your device manufacturer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emg

emg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Chris,
The issue I reported NETMF Codeplex (at your request):

Flashing tinyclr 4.2RTM to Netduino fails

has been rejected and closed with the comment: Please refer to your device manufacturer

Okay.

I take it from this that NetMF Core team feel the issue resides with the Secret Labs implementation of 4.2RC3 on the Netduino Plus? If so, what does Secret Labs plan to do about this? And when?

As it stands, I'm (and probably others) a bit frustrated with the apparent lack of progress or even some feedback to say 'hey we are working on this, this and this' or even 'we have a fix for this, but are stuck trying to fix this and this' - you get the idea. As I can't event flash 4.2RTM to my device, I don't even get to experience all the other bugs/issues people are having! :D

IMHO, if firmware flashing and project debug/deployment are not solid, this reflects poorly on the Netduino and will turn many away to other similar hardware (GHI).

Sorry to rant, but it has been a long day...

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hi emg, Thank you for ranting. I can empathize with how you feel. Please understand that the .NET MF 4.2 still has a few bugs in the core implementation, which is why the firmware is still beta. I just sent an e-mail to the .NET MF team to see what we can do about this. We've put .NET MF 4.2 beta firmware out there (and I believe we're the only group that has done so) to help ferret out these bugs and to give users the latest and greatest features. I can confirm that these bugs occur on other hardware, including the Atmel SAM7X devboard and other non-Atmel microcontrollers. We're hoping to have a resolution on this issue and a few others soon, so that we can get .NET MF 4.2 out to all users...and take advantage of the new features (including VB) support that it provides. The .NET MF team at Microsoft and the community have put a lot of work into .NET MF 4.2. I will be very excited to see firmware for it ship as well. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.