Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Coffeemachine controlled with Netduino

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andreas Schneider

Andreas Schneider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

I like coffee very much so why not attach it to the Intranet and control it via an iPhone app. I used a NetDuino Plus board and two MAX232 chips to capture and inject commands between the display and the board of the coffee machine. The serial commands are captured and queued from the NetDuino board and send to a web server. The coffeemachine is controlled through a small iPhone app. Everything is written in C# (NetDuino, ASP.NET and MonoTouch). Video is available at: So many thanks to the creators of NetDuino for this great board. Cheers Andreas

#2 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Well done.
Every office should have needs one of these!

Can you tell us more about the RF ID part of the design?

Paul

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hi Andreas, This is very cool. Thanks for posting this! Chris

#4 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

Being a great coffee lover really can't miss to give my congrats to Andreas for his idea! Well, I love this application: there are plenty of features to play with. Turn on the machine at a certain time: you wake up, and your coffee is ready to be drunk. Several Cappuccino-flavors based on milk-coffee proportions... Normally you have to pay hundreds for having that...and never all that you wish... Okay, the only overkill feature is the iPhone...it sounds as the classical "killing the mosquito with a bazooka". Anyway, as a demo project, full-featured is really awesome! Congrats again! Andreas, if your hack isn't a "secret", it would be nice if you post something (e.g. a video) on how to wire the Netduino to your machine, internally I mean. I guess that would be one of the hardest tasks. Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#5 Andreas Schneider

Andreas Schneider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

Being a great coffee lover really can't miss to give my congrats to Andreas for his idea!

Well, I love this application: there are plenty of features to play with. Turn on the machine at a certain time: you wake up, and your coffee is ready to be drunk. Several Cappuccino-flavors based on milk-coffee proportions...
Normally you have to pay hundreds for having that...and never all that you wish...

Okay, the only overkill feature is the iPhone...it sounds as the classical "killing the mosquito with a bazooka". Anyway, as a demo project, full-featured is really awesome!
Congrats again!

Andreas, if your hack isn't a "secret", it would be nice if you post something (e.g. a video) on how to wire the Netduino to your machine, internally I mean. I guess that would be one of the hardest tasks.
Cheers

Dear Mario

Thank you for your feedback. Sure, let me take some pictures, I will post the stuff in a couple of days.

Cheers
Andreas

#6 poschi8

poschi8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hey! Very nice work... But how did you setup the communication between the iphone and the netduino. I guess you made the iphone app with Monotouch. Could you send me a example? I just need the communication between the iphone and the netduino. Would be great if you could help me!!! :)

#7 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

But how did you setup the communication between the iphone and the netduino.

Just run a small webserver on the Netduino (or just a Socket listening for incoming requests).

If you use a webserver, you just have to send a HttpWebRequest from anything you want (Iphone, Browser, other devices with network,...) to the IP of your Netduino.

It's more easy to do this in a LAN than over internet, because many persons get a changing IP everytime they connect to their ISP, you don't need to configure portforwarding etc.

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.