Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Plus no deploying any projects with 4.2 rc3

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bainesbunch

Bainesbunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Hello Folks,

I have a mystery to solve.

I have just got my first plus and flashed it to 4.2 rc3 and since then it has refused to deploy any projects at all in either vb or c#.

So as a little experiment I re-flashed it with the 4.2 rc3 for non plus Netduinos. Now it will allow me to deploy projects in both vb and c#.

Just to be sure I was not going completely crazy I then flashed the 4.2 rc3 for plus back onto it and once again it refused to deploy any projects at all.

This is driving me crazy, can someone point me to the 4.1 release firmware so I can try rolling it back to see what happens please.

Cheers Pete.
I was going to change the world, then I discovered Netduino.
The world will have to wait.

#2 ErikN

ErikN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

If you click on the specific hardware in the forum, in your case the Netduino Plus, the latest release firmware always seems to be pinned at the top. The specific announcement post from Chris has the firmware as an attachment at the bottom.

-Erik

#3 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hi Bainesbunch, I still have the original files for MF4.2 RC1, NetduinoPlusFirmware_v4.2.0.0_RC1.zip and SDK.zip. They are dated 08/07/2011 in the zip files. I think Chris Walker would need to give permission for me to upload them or perhaps he could restore them to the site. I have re-flashed several times with these files with no problems. Baxter

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hi Baxter,

Hi Bainesbunch,
I still have the original files for MF4.2 RC1, NetduinoPlusFirmware_v4.2.0.0_RC1.zip and SDK.zip. They are dated 08/07/2011 in the zip files. I think Chris Walker would need to give permission for me to upload them or perhaps he could restore them to the site. I have re-flashed several times with these files with no problems.
Baxter

All the Netduino source is open source. You're welcome to post, redistribute, share, etc. :)

Chris

#5 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hi Bainesbunch, I am attaching, with the approval of Chris, the original MF4.2 RC1 files that I downloaded. Possibly they will help you. Baxter Oops, I cannot upload SDK.Zip. it is 23.175 MB which is greater than the limit of 2MB.

Attached Files

#6 Bainesbunch

Bainesbunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thank you all folks,

This morning I woke up all full of hope for my plight.

I flashed the 4.1 firmware and ... yes my Netduino will now allow me to deploy again.

So the villain looks like being 4.2 rc4 for the plus.

Does anyone else have the same problem.

For all the test I used the same Hardware (Netduino Plus rev. b board) re-flashing the boot loader and the firmware each time ....

• 4.2 rc4 Plus firmware will not allow deployment of applications.
  • 4.2 rc4 Non Plus firmware will allow deployment of applications.
  • 4.1 Plus firmware will allow deployment of applications.

Edit : Thanks to Baxter i also tried it with the 4.2 rc1. This brought me more success. This time I was able to deploy a vb application BUT the device would just sit there saying rebooting. I have to unplug and reconnect the device to emulate a re-boot before it will continue EVERY time. Coincidently the string to double problem (in another thread I have started) is also not present in the rc1.

Cheers Pete.

#7 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Pete, I think you need both the RC1 firmware and the MF4.2 RC1 SDK to get going smoothly. As I noted in my post I could not upload the SDK because of its size. I searched on CodePlex, but it does not seem to be available. It is very strange that the various release candidates are not archived somewhere in case someone wants to revert. If you wish to PM me, I can try to send it to you via email. Baxter

#8 Bainesbunch

Bainesbunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Pete,

I think you need both the RC1 firmware and the MF4.2 RC1 SDK to get going smoothly. As I noted in my post I could not upload the SDK because of its size. I searched on CodePlex, but it does not seem to be available. It is very strange that the various release candidates are not archived somewhere in case someone wants to revert. If you wish to PM me, I can try to send it to you via email.

Baxter

Hi Baxter,

I tried to send you a PM, but it is telling me you can't use it .. Very odd ..

You can sent it to me on Skype if you have it. My Skype address id LPDR.Miers. It is very fast as it is P2P. I am online 24/7 just ask to be a contact i will add you then you can send it through by dragging and dropping it into the typing window.

Chris, if you are still following this thread, can you say when we are going to be seeing the next release candidate and will it also have the string to double conversion and do you intend to do a Release candidate with the onewire bit in soon ?

Cheers Pete.

#9 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Pete, My email address was hidden. I unchecked it so try again if you still want the SDK. Baxter

#10 Bainesbunch

Bainesbunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

Pete,

My email address was hidden. I unchecked it so try again if you still want the SDK.

Baxter

Nope still not working see screen shot :)

Attached File  Untitled.png   198.65KB   10 downloads

Cheers Pete

#11 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Well Pete, I guess I don't know how private email works on the forum. I am reluctant to openly post my email address for fear of it getting hijacked. Baxter

#12 Bainesbunch

Bainesbunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Well Pete,

I guess I don't know how private email works on the forum. I am reluctant to openly post my email address for fear of it getting hijacked.

Baxter

OK no worries, I am sure it would only serve to further cloud the situation anyway :)

Cheers Pete

#13 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hi Pete,

Chris, if you are still following this thread, can you say when we are going to be seeing the next release candidate and will it also have the string to double conversion and do you intend to do a Release candidate with the onewire bit in soon ?

We can build a special OneWire version of the firmware once the .NET MF 4.2 firmware is out of beta. The next beta (release candidate) is coming soon, but I won't have an exact day until it's posted.

I understand the enthusiasm around the new features in .NET MF 4.2, and am looking forward to getting it out of beta.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.