Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

VB I2C zx-relay16 MCP23016

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rhamer

rhamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

I am having difficulty getting my Netduino Plus to communicate with a ZX-RELAY16 board that uses a MCP23016 interface chip. I have several points of ambiguity, and dont know exactly where my problem lies. I am running V4.2 I have the 2 boards connected as follows. SCL - Pin5 NetDuino SDA - Pin4 NetDuino GND - GND The ZX is powered through its own power supply and the Netduino Plus via USB My first problem is understanding how to code the I2C, as there seems to be the internal classes that I'm trying to use, that seems to be avoided by most, in favour of some other classes. Does anybody have a straight forward example of how to send a byte via I2C to a device register xx at device address yy In addition to that if anybody had an example of talking to the MCP23016 chip, that would be even better. Cheers Rohan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.