Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus - Storing data

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pa-1000

pa-1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

hi there, I have experience in developing c# but iam new in developing with .net the micro framework. I'm working on a little project where I collect data and store them on a sd card. I have a lot of measure data to store and analyze on the netduino. It should also be possible to download the data over ethernet. In a normal environment i would use a Database to store the data, are there any mini databases availabe in the micro framework? Or any other recommendations? What do you use for a storing and analysing data? thanks for hints

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm working on a little project where I collect data and store them on a sd card.
I have a lot of measure data to store and analyze on the netduino. It should also be possible to download the data over ethernet.

The amount of memory means that using a database is pretty much out of the question. I played around with data logging last year and I ended up storing the data in a CSV file. If you are interested then there's a post (including sources) on my blog which looks at collecting data from the Netduino and making this available to a Silverlight application. The N+ acts as a data logger and as a web server.

Welcome to the community.

Hope this helps,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 pa-1000

pa-1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

thanks for your post. I thought that a database would be impossible =) ok maybe I can store some data temporary in a hashtable or something for analysing. your project sounds interesting, i will have a look

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.