Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Switch Debugging Port Back to RS232

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Hazzard

Kevin Hazzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMid-Atlantic USA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

I have been debugging my Netduino Minis using the TTL UART (COM1 on pins 11 and 12). I followed the instructions at Getting Started with a Netduino Mini by Fabien Royer to set them up. However, now I want to switch back to debugging over RS-232 (COM2 on pins 1-4). I can't seem to find a way to do this. Do I need to flash the devices to make the switch?

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

Do I need to flash the devices to make the switch?

Hi Kevin,
You indeed need to flash the RS232 firmware to the Netduino Mini to accomplish that as far as I know.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 Claus Tonnesen

Claus Tonnesen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Had the exact same problem last night.. but found the answer here http://forums.netdui...p?showtopic=945 This version of MFDeploy lets you switch ports (although is seems like COM1/2 is switched around - but I might have been tired).

#4 Kevin Hazzard

Kevin Hazzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMid-Atlantic USA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

That did it, Claus! Thank you. But as you said, COM1/COM2 are backwards in the application. I selected COM1 to switch the deployment transport to the RS-232 UART, which is COM2.

Kevin

Had the exact same problem last night.. but found the answer here
http://forums.netdui...p?showtopic=945

This version of MFDeploy lets you switch ports (although is seems like COM1/2 is switched around - but I might have been tired).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.