Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Wanted: Breadboard "Flags"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Falsken

Eric Falsken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA, USA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

I had a great idea. I'm working on breadboarding something, and I wanted to mark the pins on my IC. I thought of a post-it "flag" with a stem that can fit into my breadboard. Ideally a long strip of them with 0.1" spacing so I can write each pin name on them and shove them in next to my IC.

Has anyone seen something like this?

#2 JonnyBoats

JonnyBoats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPhillips, ME

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:53 AM

Do you mean something like this? http://www.adafruit.com/products/601

Posted Image

#3 Eric Falsken

Eric Falsken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA, USA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:07 AM

That's stuck to an IC. Great idea. I was thinking of something attached to a pin that I can put into the breadboard next to the IC. But I'll try doing something like that.

#4 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:18 AM

@Eric
I've used my labeler and some .1" breakaway headers once or twice.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#5 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

When I did my wiring training many years ago, my company still used wire wrapping to produce prototypes.
Boards were made up by inserting IC sockets with long (1cm) square legs into a PCB that was just holes (no copper tracks).
The sockets were then held in place by a soft plastic label that had holes for the legs. Some of the holes were not big enough so the legs cut into the plastic and held fast.
A wire wrapping gun was then used to put a thin wire around one square leg and on to another; because the legs were square, they held the wire tight.

Back to the plastic labels - they had pin numbers printed on them so the poor person who had to wire it all up did not have to keep counting the legs!

Are these what you were thinking of:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.