Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Speech Synthesis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Martin Waller

Martin Waller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had used the netduino to generate spoken word? On a pc I can use the Microsoft speech synthesis code to speak in selected voices. Is this possible in the netduino world I wonder? Many thanks Martin

#2 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

The VoiceBox Shield can do this for your Netduino.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#3 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:26 AM

I was wondering if anyone had used the netduino to generate spoken word? On a pc I can use the Microsoft speech synthesis code to speak in selected voices. Is this possible in the netduino world I wonder?

The only speech generation I have seen advertised is the SpeakerJet chip set. The results I have heard from these chips are robotic and very 1980's.

regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#4 Martin Waller

Martin Waller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for something better than the speech shield though! Perhaps I need to wait a couple more years! Martin

#5 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

Actually if you do some searching on the web you might be able to find an old version of code that allows you to play back phonemes together to make speech. I did it way back in the 80s on a timex sinclair 1000 and it was better than the mechanical sounding chip processors.
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

#6 Martin Waller

Martin Waller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

I did find this link that was quite interesting http://code.google.c.../wiki/Cantarino

Even better, look at the page here http://www.arduino.c...=1277389233/all

Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.