Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

help with fan control

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zendy

zendy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

Hello Netduino Folks ! I want to control a 12VDC fan speed using my NetDuino board plus. And I don't want use PWM. So I need a D/A convert to control the speed of fun. I'm a beginner in electric hardware. Could you help me and give me soam advice in term of D/A shield choice. Thanks!

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

Hello Zendy and welcome to the community. May I ask you why don't you want to use the PWM? However, there are several ways to drive a fan without PWM, but the circuit is getting more complex. In this case, the simplest solution coming to my mind, is using a LM317 (adjustable regulator), feeding into it a supply of *at least* 16-18V. Do you have it? Other very important questions are: how much current does the fan requires? what kind of motor is (brushed)? Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.