Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

HTTP Client for Netduino Plus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hi :)

Today I finished a new class for the Networking-part of the .NETMF Toolbox.
It now includes an HTTP Client.

One downside I found is that the memory of a Plus is limited. Some HTML pages are too big to load into the memory. Often there are tricks to avoid that, for example read a summary of the items through an RSS feed, or identify yourself as mobile device.

Why is a HTTP Client useful? Well, let me give an example of practical use.

As you might now, I'm forum moderator. For this job I need to give some users some special attention. Therefor I wrote the attached example. It helps me keeping the boards nice and clean! See this image of how it works:
Attached File  GeorgiPostedSoFlashTheLED.png   51.73KB   243 downloads
(this is an inside joke, read here if you want to understand it) :-)

Besides the GeorgiPostedSoFlashTheLED-Class, the full project can be downloaded at http://netmftoolbox.codeplex.com/

Interesting features:
- Cookie+Session support
- HTTP Authentication support
- Takes care of the Referrer-header for you (also useful when using sessions)

Attached Files

"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

Good job, fella... Anyway, the best place for the "static" resources (pages, pics, etc) is the SD, which is fully supported in the N+. Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#3 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

No worries, I am working now on app with internal code name - FMB - Forum Moderator Buzzer. Algorithm is simple: every 5min post a random text from quite large list of predefined sentences like "Hey this is very important post!" "Missed my post? Should buy pair of glasses!" "Hi <Name>, did you noticed my post?!" where <Name> is one of "Stefan" and "Chis Walker" (for now) "OMG, did you read my last post!" "Relax, this is just a ping message to keep you awareness high" "I posted a post!" "Don't miss my last beautiful post!" "Calm down dear, its only a post!" "Who wants to post forever?" (Queen remix) etc... I am open for suggestions :) PS last minute addition: "I'll be post back! Trust me!"

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Clever and funny. I like it!

#5 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

No worries, I am working now on app with internal code name - FMB - Forum Moderator Buzzer.

Now I want to see some source code!

I showed you mine, now you show me yours :D
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#6 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

Anyway, the best place for the "static" resources (pages, pics, etc) is the SD, which is fully supported in the N+.

Actually I'm considering to make an event that's triggered when a few K's of data has been arrived. The user can then decide to parse the data immediately or store it to external memory.

#7 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

Uuuuuhhh!!! That's prove the degradation of my body along the time... :( Now I mean that is a "client"...in my stupidity was convinced about a server. Hmmm...in this case the project is getting much more interesting... Okay, first I must finish what I've started. Thank you anyway. Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.