Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

High Speed Flash Photography

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 etremblay

etremblay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hi,

I would be really interested in having some pointers to start a project on high speed photography. This guy did it for Arduino

What I would really be interested in is water droplets photography. Here is a kit you can buy, but it is pretty expansive: http://www.bmumford....rops/index.html and can produce results like this:

Posted Image

This machine can time two droplets perfectly so that it collide right just at the right time. See the movie in the link.

I am a C# programmer, I did some electronics in college, but I am not an expert ;). Where do you think I should start? I feel like this is a big project just to start.

Where I really need help is for components. Where can I buy a water valve able to be precise enough and netduino compatible. I feel like I don't really need any sensor to see the water droplets (laser or things like that) since I could control the water droplets timing, flash and camera timings directly from the netduino...

If anyone could help to just point me in the right direction to start it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Welcome to the community.

Is this link on High Speed Photography and use to you?

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 etremblay

etremblay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Oh ok, thanks for the quick reply. I would probably like to focus more on water droplets photography for this project. Timing perfectly two drop of water so that they collide in an interesting way and then trigger a flash to freeze the moment in a picture. I won't be taking photos of a bullet fired from a gun. I did some research and this arduino shield already exist with a bunch of accessories available that we can buy like water valves, camera trigger cables various triggers like laser sensors, sound sensor etc. Do you think this shield would be compatible with netduino? Thanks,

#4 Stefan W.

Stefan W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Oh ok, thanks for the quick reply. I would probably like to focus more on water droplets photography for this project. Timing perfectly two drop of water so that they collide in an interesting way and then trigger a flash to free the moment in a picture.

I did some research and this arduino shield already exist with a bunch of accessories available that we can buy like water valves, camera trigger cables various triggers like laser sensors, sound sensor etc. Do you think this shield would be compatible with netduino?

Thanks,

If you show it here, we could probably tell you - there's nothing in principle saying it can't, it's always in the details (about power supply, voltage levels, communication ...).
I believe that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.
-- H.L. Mencken, "What I Believe"

#5 etremblay

etremblay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

If you show it here, we could probably tell you - there's nothing in principle saying it can't, it's always in the details (about power supply, voltage levels, communication ...).

Haha I forgot to put the link, here it is: http://www.glacialwa...robotics/?p=563

Store with various accessories: http://www.dreamingr...e=index&cPath=1

#6 AJB2K3

AJB2K3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

There is one other compatibility issue you need to address and that is the camera itself. I am also into photography so will keep an eye on this.

"Maybe it's because you're a crap programmer"

#7 etremblay

etremblay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

There is one other compatibility issue you need to address and that is the camera itself.
I am also into photography so will keep an eye on this.

I would be more than happy to get a shield that could handle that for me. Here is another project funded in Kickstarter.com recently. They are planning on doing an arduino compatible shield also.

http://triggertrap.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.