Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Problema after upgrade

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 adventure

adventure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hello I flashed my netduino and I sent the new tinybooter 4.2 RC 3. When I open the mfdeploy I can see this message: Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC But, when I deploy the new er_config and er_flash (http://forums.netdui...3-all-editions/), I can't connect to the netduino. Show this error message: Pinging... Error: No response from device If I go back to earlier version 4.1, my netduino work fine. Anybody have idea about this problem? Thank you Adventure

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hi Adventure, Hmm, very interesting. We've seen a few cases of this but haven't been able to figure out why this is. And while the software is still beta, we'd like to address it to make sure it doesn't affect the release version as well. Where are you located? Chris

#3 Jon M

Jon M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorwood Young America, MN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

Hi Adventure,

Hmm, very interesting. We've seen a few cases of this but haven't been able to figure out why this is. And while the software is still beta, we'd like to address it to make sure it doesn't affect the release version as well.

Where are you located?

Chris

I have the same problem with Netduino Plus. Re flashed with Netduino 4.2 RC 3 that worked.

Jon

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

I have the same problem with Netduino Plus. Re flashed with Netduino 4.2 RC 3 that worked.

Oh, very interesting. If one or two of you in the USA would be so kind as to trade me your Netduino Plus for a brand new one...we'd like to reproduce the issue here to see if we can track down the root cause. Unfortunately, the RC3 build is working without a hitch on every board we test it on.

[To be fair...first two responders to the thread would get a brand new replacement board, and we'd ship it to you via USPS Priority Mail before you had to send yours to us. We'd include a free "Netduino" box--probably one of the rare misprints because they're awesome that way.]

I should ask first...is your board a "Rev A" board or a "Rev B" board? (text in bottom-right corner)

Chris

#5 Jon M

Jon M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

Oh, very interesting. If one or two of you in the USA would be so kind as to trade me your Netduino Plus for a brand new one...we'd like to reproduce the issue here to see if we can track down the root cause. Unfortunately, the RC3 build is working without a hitch on every board we test it on.

[To be fair...first two responders to the thread would get a brand new replacement board, and we'd ship it to you via USPS Priority Mail before you had to send yours to us. We'd include a free "Netduino" box--probably one of the rare misprints because they're awesome that way.]

I should ask first...is your board a "Rev A" board or a "Rev B" board? (text in bottom-right corner)

Chris

Chris

The board that I have is a "Rev B".

Jon

#6 adventure

adventure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Hello Chris My board is Rev B and I purchased from Canakit. I'm in Brazil. If you whant, I can give remote access to my computer using Team Viewer, Crossloop, Logme In or another software like this. Is the fast way to get this problem solved. What you whant? I need upgrade the firmware because I get out of memory error, and this update fixes this issue. Thank you Fabio

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hi Fabio, Unfortunately there's not much we can do remotely to diagnose the issue. We'll try to find a few folks who can reproduce it and try to reproduce it here in the USA. Have you tried running the older RC1 firmware? I can send you a copy of that to try if you'd like. [In fact, it would be very useful to test against that--so that we can trace what change between RC1 and RC3 is causing this.] Chris

#8 adventure

adventure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Hi Chris You can send to me the RC1 firmware and I make a test. I sent one personal message to you with my contacts. Thank you Fabio

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

You can send to me the RC1 firmware and I make a test.

I sent one personal message to you with my contacts.

Thank you. You have mail :)

Chris

#10 bobk

bobk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

I have the same problem when I upgraded to rc3. I live in Florida. WHat I did notice while the ping does not respond, the device capabilities does respond back. I also went into the c# upgraded to use .net micro 4.2 and ran the test 1 (blinking . led). The test works fine. I went back to MFDeploy. Ping still times out, but the device capabilites does respond back. This is the response window from MfDeploy: As you can see the pinging never came back. It did ping before doing the er_config and er_flash install. Pinging... TinyCLR HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0 HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34 HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177 HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4096 HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000 HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000 ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Oct 16 2011 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410713 FloatingPoint: False SourceLevelDebugging: True ThreadCreateEx: True LCD.Width: 0 LCD.Height: 0 LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0 AppDomains: False ExceptionFilters: True IncrementalDeployment: True SoftReboot: False Profiling: False ProfilingAllocations: False ProfilingCalls: False IsUnknown: False Bob

#11 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi Bob,

As you can see the pinging never came back. It did ping before doing the er_config and er_flash install.
Pinging... TinyCLR
HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC

Trying to understand better here. In the text above, you mention that the pinging never comes back, but...

Pinging... TinyCLR

It appears that the pinging is working? If you pinged before flashing the ER_CONFIG/ER_FLASH firmware, it would say "Pinging... TinyBooter" instead.

Also, you appear to be using the Netduino firmware instead of the Netduino Plus firmware. Are you having beta upgrade issues on a regular Netduino?

Finally...when you updated, did you erase the board completely and flash the bootloader too? That is required for the .NET MF RC3 update.

Chris

#12 bobk

bobk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hi Bob,

Trying to understand better here. In the text above, you mention that the pinging never comes back, but...

It appears that the pinging is working? If you pinged before flashing the ER_CONFIG/ER_FLASH firmware, it would say "Pinging... TinyBooter" instead.

Also, you appear to be using the Netduino firmware instead of the Netduino Plus firmware. Are you having beta upgrade issues on a regular Netduino?

Finally...when you updated, did you erase the board completely and flash the bootloader too? That is required for the .NET MF RC3 update.

Chris

I have not updated my plus yet. Wanted to try it on the regular Netduino first. I just plugged in the netduino-plus and the ping came back as:
Pinging... TinyCLR

The plus is still at the 2.1.0.6 level. I did have problems with the non plus one. When I first did the install (yes started with a clean install .. had to use sam-ba v2.9 to get the driver that would see the board connection as usb/... to work.) I did have problems and when I pinged I did get a not connected message or such. I did try a few times. with a few reboots in between.

As I mentioned before, it was getting the not connected message, but then after doing it a few more times, (a couple of times with the wrong board type in the sam-ba app), I rebooted the pc (windows xp) and did it again. If the ping is correct, then I guess that I do not have an issue at this time.

I will try this process again, using the netduino-plus. I will post here what results I get.

Thanks Chris for the reply.

Bob

#13 bobk

bobk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

I installed the new update to netduino plus and it failed. The pings would not work, print out from mfdeploy: Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC Pinging... Error: No response from device Error: No response from device Pinging... Error: No response from device Error: No response from device I then started to play around to see what would happen with the upgrade. I went back in and did a clean memory install. I then went into mfdeploy and opened and deployed ER_FLASH only. Same Problem. Ping No response I went back to square one and reloaded again a fresh memory. This time I went into MFDeploy and opened and deployed ER_CONFIG. Ping worked. I then opened and deployed ER_FLASH. Ping worked. It looks like in my situation (windows xp SP 2) that when I open and depley both at the same time, ER_FLASH get deployed first and then ER_CONFIG. If you try to just install ER_CONFIG THEN ER_FLASH, at least in my instance it works and has been upgraded. MfDeploy printout: Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC Pinging... TinyBooter Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC ChkPinging... TinyCLR Pinging... TinyCLR HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0 HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34 HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177 HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4097 HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000 HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000 ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Oct 16 2011 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410713 FloatingPoint: False SourceLevelDebugging: True ThreadCreateEx: True LCD.Width: 0 LCD.Height: 0 LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0 AppDomains: False ExceptionFilters: True IncrementalDeployment: True SoftReboot: False Profiling: False ProfilingAllocations: False ProfilingCalls: False IsUnknown: False What caught me on the Netduino regular was that the initial ping showed two lines for both the pre and after ER_CONFIG but now only returns only one line. I hope this helps in determining what the problems other might have. I would try this procedure on Windows XP machines. I tried to repeat the above process and now I only get the ping no response from device. I did try to go back and do a clean install of the bootloader, this time, I used the regular netduino bootloader in the Sam-ba. I then went into mfdeploy and loaded the netduino-plus config and flash and the ping worked. Went into vb express and tried the flashing led. That also worked. However, the driver thinks it is a regular netduino instead of a netduino-plus. Going back and trying again to install the netduino plus driver then going into mfdeploy still produced the ping no response error. Hope this helps in debuging. I though I had something. if you look at line 6 from the above mfdeploy output, it started to write something before the ping response. I think I seen it completely in one of the ties I was playing with the different combos. I believed it said "chk signature" then there was another one word on the next line. I did not write that is down. Bob

#14 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hi Bob, Thank you for the additional testing. Are you using the regular Netduino drivers or the new .NET MF 4.2 beta drivers? http://forums.netdui...-net-mf-42-rc3/ If you switch does it make any difference? Hoping this is a board-related (and not computer-related) issue so we can reproduce it here... Chris

#15 bobk

bobk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the additional testing.

Are you using the regular Netduino drivers or the new .NET MF 4.2 beta drivers?
http://forums.netdui...-net-mf-42-rc3/

If you switch does it make any difference?

Hoping this is a board-related (and not computer-related) issue so we can reproduce it here...

Chris

At one point, I went back to 4.1 of the netduino sdk, as a rollback. However, everything is now running on 4.2. I did not try loading the regular netduino bootloader onto the netduino plus using the 4.1 drivers. With the 4.2 drivers, the ping worked on the netduino plus board (and the blinking light under vb) using the regular netduino bootloader, but the ping failed when using the netduino plus boodloader on netduino plus.

With the regular netduino bootloader on the netduino plus board, visual studios showed the board conected via usb as Netduino_Netduino. So I would assume that the additional features of the netduino plus would not be available in visual studios.

Bob

Just to clarify, the bootloader versions were the ones loaded under the sam-ba app.

#16 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the additional info, Bob.

#17 bobk

bobk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the additional info, Bob.

One more thing to mention. My netduino and netduino_plus boards are stamped as at91sam7x512 and on the next line is has AU. In sam-ba there is no at91sam7x512-au in the list so I have been picking the -ek board type.

Bob

#18 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

My netduino and netduino_plus boards are stamped as at91sam7x512 and on the next line is has AU. In sam-ba there is no at91sam7x512-au in the list so I have been picking the -ek board type.

Just FYI, 'EK' is name of the Atmel's board (Evaluation Kit), 'AU' is the package code (LQFP, TFBGA has 'CU').

#19 Jon M

Jon M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Chris

Hi Chris,

Got the board you sent, tried to ping the board MFDeploy and got
"Pinging... Error: No response from device".

Reconnected the board holding the button down and got

Pinging... TinyBooter
Bootloader build info: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 RC3) by Secret Labs LLC

Jon

#20 logicIO

logicIO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hi, I have the same problem with Netduino Plus. My Board is Rev B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.