Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Screen recommendations for Netduino

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave12

Dave12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Can I get some screen recommendations (3" - 9") for the Netduino? I'd like to use WPF if that is possible. I asked this on a seperate (and broader) posting and found out the RS232 shield (on GHI site) will work for my serial needs, but apparantly the FEZ Touch will not work easily. Is there some sort of "shield" display I can hook up with a minimum of fuss? Thanks in advance, Dave

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

To drive a LCD module you need enough resources (RAM, CPU, etc), especially if you wish to use the WPF-like APIs of the Micro Framework.
The Netduino is a powerful board, but still has too limited resources to achieve a decent "usable" LCD library.

You may take a look a the Fabien Royer blog, which shows some experience with LCD modules.
Hope it helps.
Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.