Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

UART voltage level

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

Hi There I have GPS module TTL output connected to my Netduino Mini. I connected(Tx) from GPS to pin 12 of Mini (Rx) . On my oscilloscope I measure data received at +2vdc level to GND . The mini does not accept the data as valid. I tried pull up resistor and LEDs on Rx of Mini line but no change. I tested the output of GPS with MAS232 to PC serial port I get good results ( as expected ) Any idea what is going on ? Kind regards Nissim

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hi Nissim, If the GPS is only outputting 2V instead of 3.3V, the voltage may not be strong enough to register with the Netduino. According to page 610 of the microcontroller datasheet, a voltage of exactly 2.0 volts will register as "high" on the SAM7X MCU. ~2V may not be strong enough. http://www.atmel.com...nts/doc6120.pdf If you deploy/debug via TTL (pins 11/12) and hook the GPS up to the RS232 com port (pins 1/2) using your MAX232 circuit...does that work for you? Chris

#3 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:11 AM

Thank you Chris I tested the very same code with Netduino Plus and I get good results I changed one line for Netduino Mini using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoMini; and I do not get same results as with Netduino plus I am wondering about deploy/debug via pins 1/2 which I am using for testing after deployment is successful. I can not see how to deploy to pins 11/12 TTL level- do I need extra hardware MAX232 ? Many thanks

#4 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

All problems related to receiving data from uart solved once I have downloaded the latest ER_CONFIG and ER_FLASH. To save yourself hours of mucking around debugging your own code - download latest files to override default original files supplied with min. cheers Nissim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.