Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Build Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThreadAbort

ThreadAbort

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:15 AM

Hello, I would love to have a building the framework tutorial from the Netduino point of view. My real problem lies in what compiler to use. I've downloaded Realview, but it seems expensive. I would just like the best compiler to use even if I have to pay for it. I plan on porting the wireless Arduino sheild when I get a chance. Thanks!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

The best compiler to use is the RealView compiler due to the fact that it produces the smallest/fastest code. It comes with both RVDS and certain Keil products (versions and details in the .NET MF PK release notes). That said, we fully support GCC...which is free :) Bigger code, and not as fast--but it works. We use RVDS for all the commercial firmware which we publish...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.