Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How to fix deploying to netduino hanging

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

I try reflash with the latest version 4.1.0 Patch 2, but, with the one enabling the serial communication.

I saw the file TinyBooterDecompressor.bin but since the MFDeploy did not load it with the ER_CONFIG and ER_FLASH. So, I tried to flash it only with the ER_CONFIG and ER_FLASH.

And now, can't communicate with it, or ping it, in MFDeploy, USB and Serial, nothing, Tried the procedure at the top of the thread, nothing... I did not even see the board name in the combo box where the Netduino appear previously!

Is there a work around for that or it's completely over?

Hi Kenny,

No worries. You have now programmed your Netduino as a bit of a Frankenstein: half USB, half serial :)

To fix this:
1. Unplug all power and USB connections from your Netduino
2. Start up MFDeploy on your PC (Start > Programs > .NET Micro Framework 4.1 SDK > Tools > MFDeploy.exe)
3. Select "USB" transport in MFDeploy, and select the USB Netduino firmware files for flashing.
4. Hold down the button on your Netduino while plugging its USB connection into your PC
5. In MFDeploy, the Netduino should show up. Within five seconds, press the PING button. This should show a successful connection to the device--and will keep the device in bootloader mode for at least 20 seconds.
6. Deploy the firmware to your device.

If this doesn't work, you can erase the Netduino completely and reprogram it from scratch using one extra step. We've built in receovery processes for you--no worries.

If you want to flash the "serial" firmware, you'll need to erase the device completely and program the serial bootloader (TinyBooterDecompressor) first--and then you should be fine from there.

Please let us know how this works for you; we'll get you back in good shape :)

Chris

#22 Crispin

Crispin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLondon, England, Earth

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

Thanks Roy. I bricked my Netduino (Old stock, UK one I'm guessing). Post helped with new firmware upload. Cheers, Crispin Now, to take over the world...
--
Take a seat, I'll be right with you.

#23 Kenny

Kenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Nope That failed at step 5, the Netduino do not showed up! and (I'm using win 7 x64) do not recognize the Netduino usb now! To be completely honest with you, I have remove the big black power plug this morning (don't know the real name of that adapter) since I don't need it and that was not compatible with the Arduino proto board! Still, I have been able to flash it to Netduino Firmware v4.1.0 (patch 2) once, erase it, every thing was working good. I try the led blinking program on it and it was working well. Then I'm pretty sure that the board is still in real good shape and that I do not have broke anything. I may be wrong here some pics http://sites.google....uiquad/netduino I need the serial communication frameware since I want to be able to use it like I do with my Arduino and my home made configurator for my quad http://sites.google....ad/configurator Give me a real step by step to completely reflash the board... I'll try that before to bought another board!

#24 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

Give me a real step by step to completely reflash the board... I'll try that before to bought another board!

For example see this thread, or just search forums for 'SAM-BA'.

#25 Kenny

Kenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:04 AM

Great, that have work! SAM-BA was not working on Win7 x64, but I tried in win vista x32 and that it's. Was not able to install the Serial firmware also, but, i'll give it a try another time! Now, I2C, was not working this morning, I try again, will start another thread for that if I continue to be stuck!

#26 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Hi Kenny, Glad that you're back up and running :) Please note that if you're erasing your Netduino and programming it with serial firmware that: 1. You can program the serial "TinyBooterDecompressor" over USB, but you will need to program the actual serial firmware using MFDeploy over a serial connection (D0/D1). 2. We recommend programming it start-to-finish via serial: power the Netduino via an AC power adapter or via a USB power adapter (like an mobile phone USB charger) and then program "TinyBooterDecompressor" over a serial connection (D0/D1). Then remove all power from the Netduino for about 2-3 seconds, repower it, and then use MFDeploy to ping the device and flash the serial firmware. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.