Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Mono bootloader and 4.2beta

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 George Antoniadis

George Antoniadis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

I was playing around with the Mono Bootloader that allows running PEs from the SD card.
http://forums.netdui...nd-sample-apps/

Everything works as excepted on the 4.1.1beta firmware but the Bootloader dies when being run against the 4.2beta.
The problem seems to be that some stuff have been removed (maybe for the sake of ram/rom?).

netduinoAppClassInstance = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap("MonoNetduinoApp, Version=1.0.0.0", "MonoNetduinoApp.Program");
Gets caught with:
'Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll' (Managed): Loaded 'MonoNetduinoApp'
A first chance exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Any ideas if the bootloader could work some how on the 4.2b?

Thanks! :)

#2 George Antoniadis

George Antoniadis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Ok, after a lot of trolling on the forums I figured out that the problem is AppDomains: False on the 4.2 firmware. Is this something that can be changed without the 4.2 source? Thanks.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

Yes, this flag can be changed in the firmware. We'll play with it once 4.2 ships (which should be any day now). Chris

#4 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

Yes, this flag can be changed in the firmware. We'll play with it once 4.2 ships (which should be any day now).

Ohh can't wait!!

Darn, I must wait since it'll be released during my vacation then :(
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.