Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Setting up environment

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 magarcan

magarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

I've a Netduino Plus. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Premium and I want to set up, the development environment. As I've read, I've installed the following elements:

After open Visual Studio, I go File > New Project > Micro Framework, but I don't see Netduino Plus Application anywhere. Here a screenshot:
Posted Image

Do I need to install any more?

Thanks!!!

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hi and welcome to the Netduino boards!

I've a Netduino Plus. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Premium and I want to set up, the development environment. As I've read, I've installed the following elements:

The sequence is important. In which sequence have you installed the SDK's?
You should first install the generic SDK from Microsoft and then the Netduino SDK.

Also, sometimes the templates are a bit 'lost'. I found a topic about that which might help. Especially post #7 which contains a solution:
http://forums.netdui...ndpost__p__9986
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 magarcan

magarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for the answer but...
  • I've installed in the right order. First Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1 SDK and then Netduino SDK v4.1.0 (64-bit).
  • I've looked for NetduinoPlusApplication.zip in my computer and it's located at C:\Users\manuel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Micro Framework\
I've tried to repair the Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1 SDK installation, and have not worked.

Any other idea?

#4 magarcan

magarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Ok. I've already solved. By default it is installed in \Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Micro Framework\ but, the thing is that I changed the environment path to \VS2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Micro Framework\ some months ago. I've moved the files and everything is working ok.

Thanks!!

#5 magarcan

magarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

I've a new problem. I'm trying to follow the Hello World tutorial, but I have some problems.

This is a screenshot form de PDF file:
Posted Image

Problems:
  • Ctrl-W, O is not working. It says that it isn't a command.
  • The nearest thing I've could find is CTRL-ALT-O (View/OtherWindows/Output and then, Debug). This is what I see wich is very different to the tutorial's text:
    Posted Image

I think that it is not the same window that tutorial is saying. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!

#6 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Problems:

• Ctrl-W, O is not working. It says that it isn't a command.
  • The nearest thing I've could find is CTRL-ALT-O (View/OtherWindows/Output and then, Debug). This is what I see wich is very different to the tutorial's text:
    Posted Image

I think that it is not the same window that tutorial is saying. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!

Hi again :)

The "Ctrl-W, O" version I didn't knew of and doesn't work for me either.
But the Output Window that came with Ctrl+Alt+O is the correct one. Try this code:
Debug.Print("Hello World!");
and you will see it will come in that window.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#7 magarcan

magarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

I've another problem :huh:
I'm trying to deplo de "HelloPachube" example. The problem is that mi VS are not finding WaitUntilNextPeriod() method. I've checked that I've attached every library but even so, it takes an error. Here is my code:
using System;
using System.Net;
using System.Net.Sockets;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;
using Gsiot.PachubeClient;

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

#8 magarcan

magarcan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

I've just seen that I've to defined WaitUntilNextPeriod() with my own code. All is working now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.