Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

What are my options for increasing memory and deploying updates

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Inquisitor

Inquisitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

I shouldn't need to use GetMethods or GetParameters since I'm writing the code myself I will already know the Methods and Parameters for them.

That what is normally expected.

In my case, I was trying to make a Web Server, but I wanted it to support the MVC coding style for server applications. So in addition to hosting the easy html/script/resource files on the SD card I also wanted end-users to be able to have their own binaries. The server piece would then have to inspect the user's "Controller" classes, get their methods and parameters. I was "hoping" to do parsing of the request string into parameters and call their methods... just like MVC running on IIS. And I was right there... until I started looking for "GetParameters".

It was not to be. :angry: Dammit!
Doing my best to keep the smoke in the little black boxes.
If my message helped you... how 'bout giving me a Posted Image
www.MessingWithReality.com

#22 Dan T

Dan T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBoston (Greater)

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

IMHO, you have only two choices if your app is pretty complex:
- use a bigger (and expensive) board (such as the GHI's);
- buy a Netduino (mini or standard, NOT plus), then write many parts as native.

Didn't I read in some thread that you can load Netduino Firmware onto a NetduinoPlus and get all the memory "benefits" of the downgrade without downgrading your hardware. True? My imagination?

#23 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:28 AM

Didn't I read in some thread that you can load Netduino Firmware onto a NetduinoPlus and get all the memory "benefits" of the downgrade without downgrading your hardware. True? My imagination?

I don't know what thread you mean.
Anyway, probably you may use the standard firmware in the Plus version, but...if you don't take advantage of the extra hardware, what's the goal?
If you don't care about the Plus features, then save $30 and buy the base version.
Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#24 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

I'm sure I've read that somewhere (can't find a thread to verify though) - you get a standard Netduino until you put the Plus firmware back on the board.

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#25 Inquisitor

Inquisitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Its on tech page... in fine print :blink:

And the point... is for your prototype machine... one project may need networking, next might not... but need lots of space. So reload Netduino... reload Netdunio Plus... wah... la. B)
Doing my best to keep the smoke in the little black boxes.
If my message helped you... how 'bout giving me a Posted Image
www.MessingWithReality.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.