Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Error Deploying Solution

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Green

Scott Green

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Bought a 2nd Netduino plus to use as a development environment so I didnt have to reboot my other one all of the time and loose all of the stats it has kept to that point. It was working great until about an hour ago. Now I get the following error when I try to deploy to the netduino+ The sequence of events was as follows: 1) I was writing a program that polled a variety of sensors (Barometric Pressure, wind speed, dir, temp) 2) I was adding support for Onewire from the Onewire ALPHA firmware to the code. I hadn't upgraded the firmware and it was getting an error during deploy. 3) I remembered that I hadn't deployed the Onewire ALPHA firmware, so I downloaded and deployed the firmware with MFDEPLOY. 4) After deploying the onewire firmware I still constantly get the following error. I have commented out all references to the onewire classes. ------ Build started: Project: Netdueather, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Netdueather -> C:\Users\scott\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Netdueather\Netdueather\bin\Debug\Netdueather.exe ------ Deploy started: Project: Netdueather, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ An error has occurred: please check your hardware. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source: Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug Stack : at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.Deploy() in c:\depot\current\CLIENT_V4_1\Framework\CorDebug\VsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 893 at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.<Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsDeployableProjectCfg.StartDeploy>b__0() in c:\depot\current\CLIENT_V4_1\Framework\CorDebug\VsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 634 ========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ========== ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

#2 Scott Green

Scott Green

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Nevermind! Fixed my own problem. Deleted everything in the bin/debug and release dir, rebuilt and it deployed fine. Must have been old dlls causing the problem. Sorry for the churn. Scott...

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

Nevermind! Fixed my own problem. Deleted everything in the bin/debug and release dir, rebuilt and it deployed fine. Must have been old dlls causing the problem. Sorry for the churn.

It's all good :) We just want you to be successful with your projects!

Thanks for posting the follow-up, by the way. It will be helpful to others if they encounter the same issue.

Chris

#4 rhamer

rhamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

I just had this same problem, and the posted solution also fixed it for me. Is this likely to be a beta issue? Regards Rohan

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hi Rohan,

I just had this same problem, and the posted solution also fixed it for me.

Is this likely to be a beta issue?

I think that it's just a caching issue with Visual Studio. If there's a consistent repro for it, we should pass it along to the NETMF and/or Visual Studio teams and see if they can implement a fix in the IDE.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.