Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

control dc motor with dual motor driver

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Flabio

Flabio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

I can't see if you have anything connected to VM or the 3rd ground. Also, I'm unable to see if you have the GND of the Netduino tied to the GND on the TB6612. All grounds should be connected together. Here is a link to the TB6612 on Pololu.com (http://www.pololu.co...log/product/713) that has really good diagrams.

I believe the issue that you have might be the fact that the chip requires two separate power inputs. The first should be for the logic on the TB6612 - 5volts is within spec according to the datasheet and you can use the same line that is used for powering the Netduino. The second is the motor voltage (or battery) to power the motors. This should be connected to VM - remember the GND of the motors source should be connected to the GND of everything else.

I hope this helps. I use this chip for my motor driving and I love it. I have a C# class that I have written for the Netduino if you are interested I can send it to you once you get the hardware side working. Let me know if you have any more questions.

When you do end up getting the motors turning, the chip itself can still get hot depending on the load (which is true with most motor driver ICs) but the nice thing about the TB6612 is it has an internal thermal shut down circuit. ---AJB

I´m working on the same proyect, it will be very useful if you send me C# class for Netduino.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.