Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SAM7 bugfix for Atmel SAM-BA v2.10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

A bit of good news in preparation for the .NET MF 4.2 upgrade...

Some users have experienced trouble flashing their Netduinos using SAM-BA 2.10 on Windows 7 64-bit machines.

Atmel has just published a bugfix "patch" for SAM-BA 2.10. I installed it on my machine (where I could never get SAM-BA 2.10 working...so I was using Windows XP Mode) and it works great. It takes about 15 seconds to start the program--but it's smooth sailing from there (even with the default "GPS Serial Port" driver identification.

The patch for SAM-BA 2.10 can be found at the bottom of the page here:
http://www.atmel.com...sp?tool_id=3883

Direct download link

Just copy the ZIP file's inner contents over your existing SAM-BA 2.10 installation here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATMEL Corporation\SAM-BA v2.10

If you try the new SAM-BA, please post your experiences here (and also whether you were having troubles before or not).

Chris

#2 havereric1

havereric1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, USA

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

This did not seem to help my Sam-BA 2.10 w/ Win7-64bit problem. It did take a while to start, then when it did appear, it was behind some other windows. On the first run it saw the GPS port, but didn't recognize my board. On the second run, it could not see the port, so something changed. For what it is worth, I am trying to flash a AT91Sam7xc256 Thanks for giving me something to try, I am stuck networked to an XP netbook in order to flash. *E

#3 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

For a Netduino you need AT91SAM7X512. I'm typing this from work, so if anyone has their Netduino in front of them and wants to correct me please do so.

#4 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

This update does seem to help with the Netduino Plus, but I still have to use 2.09 for the Mini.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.