Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

No VB Express 2010 Support Version: 4.2.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

Installed everything for Version: 4.2.0 RELEASE CANDIDATE. Everything seems to work with VC# projects. I then downloaded Visual Basic 2010 Express, started New Project, selected Netduino Plus template and I get the message, "The project type is not supported by this installation" This message is also given for other versions of Netduino. I pretty sure that I read a fragment of a post that said VB Express would be supported. Is there some special setting that I missed? Baxter

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:29 AM

Hi Baxter, Can you try to uninstall and then reinstall the .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK really quick? It's possible that Visual Basic Express needs to be installed before the SDK installer... Thanks! Chris

#3 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:00 AM

Chris, I uninstalled SDK 4.2 then ran CCleaner on the registry, rebooted and installed the SDK again. I also updated to VS 2010 SP1. Next, 1. loaded VB 2010 2. selected New Project --> Micro Framework --> Netduino Plus Application --> click OK 3. SUCCESS --> created new empty project (My Project, Module1.vb) 4. Right click on My Project --> selected .NET Micro Framework --> Transport --> USB --> device --> NetduinoPlus_NetduinoPlus (all OK as with VC#) 5. Click References --> Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware V4.2.0.0, Microsoft.SPOT.Native V4.2.0.0, Microsoft Visual Basic V1.0.0.0, mscorlib V4.2.0.0, SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware v4.1.0.0, SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus V4.1.0.0 So, it looks like everyting is good to go. As you surmised, VB must be installed before the SDK. Note that the last two SecretLabs references are V4.1.0.0. I do not know if this a problem or not. Many thanks for the tip, Baxter

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

Hi Baxter, You'll want to remove the two SecretLabs assembly references from your project and add the v4.2 references. [They should default appropriately--but you might have to uninstall and reinstall the Netduino 4.2 SDK to repair the registry. Sigh.] The assemblies you want for the .NET MF 4.2 betas are in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.2 Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.