Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Framework 4.2 on the Mini

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Will 4.2 be coming to the mini? I understand that it's less used than the Standard and Plus, so I'm not really expecting a beta. I'm just wondering if their slightly overlooked little brother will be receiving some of the 4.2 love. Also, I raised an issue about interference between the two serial ports a while ago. (You can't debug or deploy over RS232 if there's data hitting the TTL port.) Is this likely to be fixed in the future. Neither of these are causing me any issues at the moment. Just wondering.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi Fred, Yes, we'll be bringing .NET MF 4.2 to the Mini. Most definitely, starting with the .NET MF 4.2 Release Candidate. Please note that you'll need an RS232 connection to upgrade...as you need to update TinyBooter. On the serial port issue, have you tested the latest v4.1.1 beta? I believe we have fixed that issue. If not, let me know...and I'll send you a special build of 4.2 to try. Thanks! Chris

#3 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

I think I still had the issue with 4.1.1 beta 1. It was on a finished project (GPS puzzle box) and I got round it by using a jumper to disconnect the serial GPS during deployments. I've half-finished putting the puzzle box on Make by the way - although it's a very limited format. All you get is bullet points which is not a good way to describe a complicated project. Happy to try out a 4.2 build if you need a tester, but I can manage without.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.