Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How to disable the PHY?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oritpro

oritpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

Hi, Could anybody tell me if there is a way to disable the Ethernet port on the N+? To be more specific, I would like to disable/enable the PHY through code. Thanks!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

Hi oritpro, The easiest way to disable to PHY is to flash the Netduino Plus with the "regular Netduino" v4.1.1+ firmware. This will remove the networking (and PHY initialization) code and free up flash and RAM in your application. The boards are designed to be electrically compatible. If you want to disable the PHY in your application, that will require modifications to the Netduino Plus firmware source. We can help point you in the right direction if you're interested in doing that... Chris

#3 oritpro

oritpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

Chris, thanks for the reply and offer to help. After spending some quality time with the N+ and the GSIOT book this weekend I've come up with a much better approach to what I am trying to accomplish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.