Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Introducing the Netduino Wiki...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

First of all, a big "thank you" to community member Stefan. Stefan spent many hours skinning the new wiki, working out configuration options, helping test the new "single sign on" system, and seeding the wiki with content (among other things). The new wiki is launching today because of his selfless donation to the community. [Also thank you to CW2, Mario Vernari, Dan Morphis, H07R0D, georgejh, and Tony who have already contributed content to the Wiki.]

Which brings us to the Wiki.

The community forums are a great place to mingle, ask questions, and share the cool projects we've been working on. But they're really not designed as a structured place to provide documentation, showcase projects long-term, or provide information which is useful for months and years.

The new Netduino Wiki is designed to solve just those issues.

As you build new projects, please post instructions and source code in the Wiki (and a quick description and video in the Project Showcase forum...where we can chat about your project and share in your accomplishment.) As you test new shields and build drivers, please create a page for them in the Wiki. As you find yourself answering questions two, three, and more times...please post those answers in the Wiki.

Since the Wiki will be a semi-permanent collection of the community's experiences, all content posted to the Wiki should relate to using and building projects with Netduinos. It's there to help both new and experienced users get the most out of their time and efforts. We should keep it free of advertisements, but links to relevant product pages and such are totally fine.

The forums will continue to be a place where both Netduino-related and off-topic conversations are enjoyed by all. And when frequently asked questions are asked on the forums, we'll be able to point folks to the Wiki.

Thank you all so much for your community contributions, both past and future.

Chris
Secret Labs LLC

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:00 AM

Quick note: All our guests can read and enjoy the Wiki. It is a public resource. To contribute to the Wiki, you'll need to have posted at least one message to the forums. This helps keep spam bots from messing with the Wiki.

#3 hari

hari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

Stefan et all,
Wow, thank you! This will help beginners and forgetful users like me. Forum is great for communication, but it has been a terrible reference source. The wiki will fill that void nicely.

I'm very grateful and will contribute.
Thank you!
=Hari=

#4 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

[Also thank you to CW2, Mario Vernari, Dan Morphis, H07R0D, georgejh, and Tony who have already contributed content to the Wiki.]

Indeed, a wiki is nothing without contributions. Setting up a wiki is easy but it needs content. So thanks to all the community members who already posted their articles, and also a big thanks in advance for those who will post articles in the future. Without you, the wiki would be useless ;)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#5 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

Wow...just to be proud of this brand-new creature! I am sorry, but during this May I have been *VERY* busy. I know there is some stuff I promised to insert in the wiki, but my job need to be followed as first. I hope having more spare time in June. Congrats everybody especially to Stefan. Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#6 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

I am sorry, but during this May I have been *VERY* busy. I know there is some stuff I promised to insert in the wiki, but my job need to be followed as first.

I know exactly what you mean! I have loads of notes and concepts but due to the lack of time no concrete finished article yet. But now the wiki is live, I have some more spare time ;)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#7 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

I know exactly what you mean! I have loads of notes and concepts but due to the lack of time no concrete finished article yet. But now the wiki is live, I have some more spare time ;)

Excellent work everyone!

I'll try to contribute some findings as I expand my Netduino skills... :)
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

#8 Jarrod Sinclair

Jarrod Sinclair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

This is Great!!! I will be adding content ASAP. Thanks to all those who primed the pump!

#9 georgejh

georgejh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Excellent!!!

#10 Christoc

Christoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBallwin, MO

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

Every project needs a Wiki! Great work!

View my blog at ChrisHammond.com

Projects: Netduino Tank/Tracked Vehicle, DNNFoos, Random other bits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.