Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Compatibility with Android ADK?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quillaja

quillaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi. I'm not even started on netduino or arduino yet, but I want to get into it. However, the big thing that made me interested enough to take the plunge is Google's recent announcement of their Accessory Development Kit for Android. (There's a bit about it here http://developer.and...cs/usb/adk.html) I think a lot of interesting things could be done with this marriage of tech. I suppose arduino will be compatible or able to interact with Android via the ADK, but I'm really more interested in netduino since I love C#. Does anyone have any guesses about how compatible netduino things will be with the android adk? Thanks =)

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hi quillaja, Support for Android via an ADK-style connection should be totally possible. You just need to add on USB host. There are quite a few shields available for that...we're looking into seeing how much work it would be to create a C# driver for one. Chris

#3 devilfisch

devilfisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

I just found this and thought I'd share. It seems like someone managed to get a FEZ Domino to work as an Android Open Accessory which proves that it's possible with .NET. Now the only thing that our Netduinos lack is USB host functionality to do the same thing. Damn I'm excited about the possibilities! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHIN_Ylhk5o&feature=player_embedded

#4 OZ8ET

OZ8ET

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationHundested, Denmark

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

This is really good. I always felt that the weak side of what we are doing with microsprocessors is the user interface. Various implementations of LCD's and displays are not impressive and usually complicated and expensive. Using an Android device as the user interface, can really change that. As we need to add an USB-host interface to Netuino, why not use Bluetooth and get rid of the wires. I am looking forward to see this develop I am right now waiting to receive my first Netuino Plus for my home-automation project. First phase will be to implement the user interface with 2x16 LCD and a few buttons. Next I will look into the Android option. I currently do not own an Android device, but ‘only’ iPhone and iPad. It could be interesting to se an iPad apps interfacing to Netuino or other NETMF device with the same protocol.

#5 Spork

Spork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

IOIO looks interesting. USB host, Bluetooth, beta firmware supports ADK. More info:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.