Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Replacing SAM-BA with a JTAG programmer - recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

I've been researching alternatives to SAM-BA for programming netduino minis using JTAG. I was wondering if someone could recommend a good JTAG-ISP programmer confirmed to work with the netduino mini for that purpose? Thanks, -Fabien.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hi Fabien, JTAG programmers work via the JTAG pins on the microcontroller, which are not exposed on the Netduino Mini. Chris

#3 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

Ok. Is it possible to load the TinyBooterDecompressor.bin on a blank netduino mini using the exposed SPI pins? I believe that the answer is 'no', but I'd like to be sure. Thanks, -Fabien.

#4 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

Is it possible to load the TinyBooterDecompressor.bin on a blank netduino mini using the exposed SPI pins? I believe that the answer is 'no', but I'd like to be sure.

Unfortunately, this is not possible. AT91SAM7X microcontrollers do not support programming cannot be programmed via SPI.

Edit: Corrected ambiguous meaning (AT91SAM7X microcontrollers support programming over SPI, i.e. they can be used to program other ICs).

Edited by CW2, 18 May 2011 - 02:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.