Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino = !Master

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CodeRage

CodeRage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

I've been running through the .NET libraries and I cant find a way to set the netduino up as an I2C or SPI slave. Every example I find uses the netduino as the master. Is this supported or have I missed something? Thanks

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:58 PM

Hi Code, .NET MF only supports SPI master and I2C master. [The Atmel micro supports SPI slave, but not I2C slave.] The main reason for this is that the .NET MF is not real-time. You wouldn't be able to respond to incoming SPI data fast enough to send data in a time-sensitive fashion that would be understandable to the SPI master. That said, we are using SPI slave on the Netduino via native code on some internal projects. For specialized applications. If you wanted to create a SPI slave native code driver for a specific accessory, we made sure to expose the SPI_SLAVE_SELECT pin as D4 :) Chris

#3 CodeRage

CodeRage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

Hi Code,

.NET MF only supports SPI master and I2C master. [The Atmel micro supports SPI slave, but not I2C slave.]

The main reason for this is that the .NET MF is not real-time. You wouldn't be able to respond to incoming SPI data fast enough to send data in a time-sensitive fashion that would be understandable to the SPI master.

That said, we are using SPI slave on the Netduino via native code on some internal projects. For specialized applications. If you wanted to create a SPI slave native code driver for a specific accessory, we made sure to expose the SPI_SLAVE_SELECT pin as D4 :)

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris. I was hoping .Net MF set up an ISR and a buffer, oh well. I'll look into compiling native code, wasn't wanting to dive that deep into the netduino this soon :D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.